Rejected Flower Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

7T7

ELITE
Zeventy7
Zeventy7
ELITE
I made a flower garden map that has 51 jumps and 4 checkpoints. It's difficulty is medium, and was made by me (Zeventy7) and my friend (Bernici). It is called The Garden.
2020-09-26_14.06.22.png
2020-09-26_14.06.33.png
2020-09-26_14.06.43.png

Last edited:
I like your build a lot, but I think the parkour is too easy even for the easy difficulty (I'm talking about the second half in particular). Good luck!

7T7

ELITE
Zeventy7
Zeventy7
ELITE
Since no staff member has officially passed a judgment on your map yet i think it is ok just to edit your original post or you can easily create a new thread. make sure to include some cool photos as well as your updated information.

dont hold me to this im new here lol.
if i get told off im roping u in <3

I made a flower garden map that has 51 jumps and 4 checkpoints. It's difficulty is medium, and was made by me (Zeventy7) and my friend (Bernici). It is called The Garden.
View attachment 36648 View attachment 36649 View attachment 36650
Im new here and I don't know exactly how this stuff works so I'm not going to rate or anything but I do know I didn't see the proper format so when you re-submit o whatever you do I would SUGGEST using it :D

7T7

ELITE
Zeventy7
Zeventy7
ELITE
Im new here and I don't know exactly how this stuff works so I'm not going to rate or anything but I do know I didn't see the proper format so when you re-submit o whatever you do I would SUGGEST using it :D
proper format?

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
Heyo! Imma keep this one short since there's not much for me to comment on that hasn't been said, but here are my thoughts!

THEME:
The theme isn't unique, as we have tons of plant and garden-themed maps.
BUILD:
The build feels very basic and is dominated by pixel art of flowers. The rose at the end is nice, I'll give you that, but the rest is boring and quite basic. It also has no real main build.
PARKOUR:
The parkour is easy, repetitive, boring and is entirely floating. To me, I think the whole of the parkour needs a reworking.

I hate to say it, but I think you're just gonna have to go back to the drawing board. Unless you can completely change this map, you might need to just start over. Maybe try doing a specific garden (e.g The Secret Garden?) for the theme, get a main build and better parkour to fix this map, but sadly, I think you just have to scrap the idea. Nonetheless, I wish you good luck with your future submissions!

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Zeventy7 & Bernici,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme isn't very original, as there are many maps related to nature/floating islands. Please refer to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The build isn't great as it is quite simple - mainly consisting of pixel art flowers. In the future, try to have one or two main builds for your map, that are larger and have a more shape/depth/detail.
The parkour is quite repetitive, as for the most part it is made up of ladders & normal blocks. Try to experiment with the blocks/items you use when building parkour, as well as the way you utilise these, as this will make your map overall more enjoyable to complete.
The difficulty is good for an easy map, and the length is good fro a medium map.
I would also recommend reading over this article from our wiki, for some more tips on building maps - https://manacube.wiki/parkour/making-maps/parkour-maps

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.