Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Heya Clippey!

I shall be giving my opinion here if you don't mind; just a heads up, I am not a map judge, this is just my personal opinion!

The THEME of your map is somewhat unoriginal, we already have flower-themed maps and I believe that flowerpots would fall under this.
When coming up with a theme I'd advise you to check over this document here: Maps List - this shows all the accepted maps on ManaCube to date, with their themes to allow you to see if a theme is already on the server.

In regards to the BUILD, it is accurate to the theme, so good work on that. I would advise you to add a little more detail surrounding the pots such as more flowers or shelving! I would also you to create a "main build" to then closely incorporate your parkour around and within.

In regards to the PARKOUR, it is mainly floating which is no longer accepted on Manacube. The course fits the difficulty and length of easy, great work on this!. Another thing is that your block variation in your jumps is unvaried. I'd recommend you check this document here: Jump Variation - this will allow you to grasp a better understanding of what I mean by jump/block variation. Just ensure that you are using variation throughout the course to keep it enjoyable!

Other than this, there are no issues!
Cheers!

Last edited:
Heya Clippey!

I shall be giving my opinion here if you don't mind; just a heads up, I am not a map judge, this is just my personal opinion!

The THEME of your map is somewhat unoriginal, we already have flower-themed maps and I believe that flowerpots would fall under this.
When coming up with a theme I'd advise you to check over this document here: Maps List - this shows all the accepted maps on ManaCube to date, with their themes to allow you to see if a theme is already on the server.

In regards to the BUILD, it is accurate to the theme, so good work on that. I would advise you to add a little more detail surrounding the pots such as more flowers or shelving! I would also you to create a "main build" to then closely incorporate your parkour around and within.

In regards to the PARKOUR, it is mainly floating which is no longer accepted on Manacube. The course fits the difficulty and length of easy, great work on this!. Another thing is that your block variation in your jumps is unvaried. I'd recommend you check this document here: Jump Variation - this will allow you to grasp a better understanding of what I mean by jump/block variation. Just ensure that you are using variation throughout the course to keep it enjoyable!

Other than this, there are no issues!
Cheers!
Thank you so much for the feedback! I wil gladly do everything you told me to do next time I try to make a map.
However, I dont have a quick question, what do you mean it is all floating which isn't accepted? Isn't all parkour floating?
Also, thank you for showing me the map list, I had no knowledge of this before.

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Thank you so much for the feedback! I will gladly do everything you told me to do next time I try to make a map.
However, I don't have a quick question, what do you mean it is all floating which isn't accepted? Isn't all parkour floating?
Also, thank you for showing me the map list, I had no knowledge of this before.
No worries mate! I'm here to help haha <3
Ooo, my apologies that it wasn't clear as to what I meant. Here is an example of fully floating parkour that would not be accepted;
2021-05-30_11.33.38.png
Here, you can see that the blocks are just floating above the void, and there is no "main build" that they are linked to or surrounding. Just ensure that you are building your parkour close to a build (structure/organic/anything really haha) to ensure that it does not seem floating and that it is connected to the parkour. If that still doesn't make sense then you can check out recently accepted maps @ /warp beta! This might give you a better understanding, apologies if this is still confusing <3

Cheers,

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Clippey,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme of your map is somewhat unoriginal, we already have flower-themed maps and I believe that flowerpots would fall under this. When creating a map trying to come up with a unique and distinct theme that will allow your map to stand out!
In regards to the build, it is accurate to the theme, so good work on that. I would advise you to create a main "focal" point to your map, this will allow you to keep the parkour close to the main build and ensure it isn't mainly floating.
In regards to the parkour, it is mainly floating which is typically no longer accepted; try to incorporate your parkour closer to the build to ensure this isn't an issue. The course fits the difficulty of a medium but has the length of a hard, so make sure to smooth this out!. Another thing is that your block variation is inconsistent; ensure that jumps don't feel repetitive. Blocks such as player heads, glass panes, piston heads, beds and water can be good to use![Jash]

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.