/fr msg language

alfiewtf

ELITE
alfiq
alfiq
ELITE
Ratings
12 2
Its come to my attention that you can say anything you want when you /friend message somebody and not get muted

I dont think that I should be able to get /fr msg'd the nword or any other slurs or innap language

I understand i can choose who i friend and who i dont however i think there should be a language filter put in place and mutes to be allowed.

I random player i had never seen added me as a friend becuase i thought they would be like anyone else and just msg me normal things to do with manapvp
i was wrong...

Twistedd

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TwistedTree
TwistedTree
ELITE
Ratings
32 4
Hey!

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you, we want everyone to feel comfortable as if it's their home. If you would like to make a report to staff about the player, please make a support ticket here.

I hope you have a better day! <3

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,324 82
Hello, @alfiewtf

I'd firstly like to ask that you remove the screenshot you have attached as it does contain quite offensive language - while I understand the reasoning behind this, it is inappropriate to be posted publicly here, and the nature of the message would be more suitable in a report via a support ticket, or directly to a member of staff.

Second of all, harassment/disrespect is not something we take lightly, in this situation we would encourage that you remove this player as a friend and /ignore them to prevent them harassing you, and if they continue doing so by other means, then we can look into this. I'd just like to encourage you to use /helpop or /report in-game in future if there are staff online, and if not, to make a report either via the community discord or with the support ticket system.

I do sincerely apologise that you were subjected to this behaviour, we do certainly take encouragements/threats of harm to players very seriously, so please feel free to contact either myself or another member of staff to discuss this. My discord is hallowqueen#2377

BombsyGames

ELITE
BombsyGames
BombsyGames
ELITE
Ratings
15 2
It's never a good thing to hear a community member go through grief or harassment. I hope this gets resolved in a timely manner so that in the future this can no longer occur.

I do agree with Hallowqueen however. Post like this with offensive messages need to be taken to a more private outlet via a ticket or a mod private discussion.

Last edited:

Kaylin!

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Svechy
Svechy
MVP+
Ratings
61 9
Hello, @alfiewtf

I'd firstly like to ask that you remove the screenshot you have attached as it does contain quite offensive language - while I understand the reasoning behind this, it is inappropriate to be posted publicly here, and the nature of the message would be more suitable in a report via a support ticket, or directly to a member of staff.

Second of all, harassment/disrespect is not something we take lightly, in this situation we would encourage that you remove this player as a friend and /ignore them to prevent them harassing you, and if they continue doing so by other means, then we can look into this. I'd just like to encourage you to use /helpop or /report in-game in future if there are staff online, and if not, to make a report either via the community discord or with the support ticket system.

I do sincerely apologise that you were subjected to this behaviour, we do certainly take encouragements/threats of harm to players very seriously, so please feel free to contact either myself or another member of staff to discuss this. My discord is hallowqueen#2377
Well, if this happened to me, I'd have to shame them publicly! (at least for the next 1430 minutes). I protested and got report and helpop taken!
Unfair!
Cancel Hallowqueen

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,324 82
Well, if this happened to me, I'd have to shame them publicly! (at least for the next 1430 minutes). I protested and got report and helpop taken!
Unfair!
Cancel Hallowqueen
You still have the ability to make support tickets, or contact staff directly :cool:

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
I can see that words like fuck are unfiltered in fmsg, but not things such as the n word or the r slur.

Kaylin!

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Svechy
Svechy
MVP+
Ratings
61 9
I can see that words like fuck are unfiltered in fmsg, but not things such as the n word or the r slur.
Warning One, Inappropriate language.
Expiry October 5th

BombsyGames

ELITE
BombsyGames
BombsyGames
ELITE
Ratings
15 2
Unfair!
Cancel Hallowqueen
The main issue with this is that creates a cycle of misconduct. I know it's frustrating, but sometimes it's better to be the bigger person and handle the matter appropriately.

Kaylin!

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Svechy
Svechy
MVP+
Ratings
61 9
The main issue with this is that creates a cycle of misconduct. I know it's frustrating, but sometimes it's better to be the bigger person and handle the matter appropriately.
They. Never. Fucking. Listen.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
In some cases, there have been players who were muted for harassing players through friend messages. However, I'm not sure how this works, nor what it would take for staff to take that route. Definitely should remove/block them, and as hallow mentioned if it does happen again in the future, please report it to the staff privately. Most likely this person was just saying all that for attention, making a public post like this calling them out is giving them said attention.

The issue I'd see arising with adding a filter to friend messages is it'd be hard to enforce filter evasion rules within friend messages. I don't believe most staff can actually SEE friend messages- it's different from /msg or /reply. Iirc, only staff who have access to the server chat logs can actually see friend messages, in other words only the admins or Dacon himself. For the most part, they don't monitor the server logs unless they have to investigate something that requires them to review the logs.

Edit: I forgot to mention that MUTING a person for harassment or hate speech through friend messages would be pointless because MUTED players can send messages through friend msg. If the staff were to crack down on cases like this, I'd assume they'd have to implement something like a shout ban but for mutes, and quite honestly I think it would still be a lot more work for the staff to monitor in theory.

Last edited:

Kaylin!

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Svechy
Svechy
MVP+
Ratings
61 9
The issue I'd see arising with adding a filter to friend messages is it'd be hard to enforce filter evasion rules within friend messages. I don't believe most staff can actually SEE friend messages- it's different from /msg or /reply. Iirc, only staff who have access to the server chat logs can actually see friend messages, in other words only the admins or Dacon himself. For the most part, they don't monitor the server logs unless they have to investigate something that requires them to review the logs.
rippo.
What I'm saying here is, They will use it even for non investigation

Attachments

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
rippo.
What I'm saying here is, They will use it even for non investigation
Are you trying to convince me that the admins/dacon are constantly watching the server logs 24/7? If that were the case, wouldn't there be a lot more people who are muted and banned right now? I don't know what happened with rippo, but if the screenshot you shared has anything to do with friend messages, I'm sure the staff had good reason to be investigating it.