SpiroTech
SpiroTech
Patron+
Ratings
Map Maker: SpiroTech
Free Solo
/plot v SpiroTech 1
A bit over 100 jumps, 9 checkpoints.

In my previous submission, I was told that the build needed to be more themed around natural rock climbing. I have tried to do so by adding rope lines and climbers to the map, as well as updating a few other spots on the map. Parkour wise, I only made some small adjustments now that I know more what I am doing in mapmaking, so I tried to improve things like checkpoint placement.

Thanks for taking another look at this!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey Spiro,

I will be putting this map into reviewing for now. This means that there are aspects of your map that are really well done, but there are other aspects that keep it from being accepted fully at this time. You will have until November 28th, 2020 to make the needed changes to the map before it automatically rejected.

The theme isn't the most original, since there are already other mountainous/climbing themed maps on ManaCube. This one is executed a bit differently though. The build is good overall, the additions of the ropes and climbers adds a nice feel to it. Not much else to say about these parts, so good job!

The parkour is the main problem with the map. Currently, the course is extremely difficult and the jumps are a bit bland and annoying. This is partly due to the parkour not being varied and mixed much overall for an insane map. The map currently feels a bit like hard jump vomit which is very frustrating to play through. The checkpoint placement also contributes to the difficulty. There should be more checkpoints in the map overall and they should be thoughtfully placed. Overall, the judges would like to see the parkour more varied, nerfed, and with better checkpoint placement.

Thank you for submitting this map! Please message me on Discord once you have made the needed changes so your map can be reevaluated. Additonally, thank you for your patience with this submission. Hope to see more maps from you soon!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey Spiro,

Thank you for making the needed changes to your map! This map is now being accepted. Hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.