GamingPretzel - August Edition

PretzelAngel

Mod | Olympus & Skyblock
PretzelAngel
PretzelAngel
Mod
Ratings
190 8
Welcome to the August Edition of GamingPretzel!

Gamers, it has been a crazy month for Pretz. But, never fear, new game recs are here! Another unthemed month, but next month is going to be birthday month edition; so games that I love playing on my own time ^-^ game time!
I am !!NOT!! sponsored, but if any of these games wanted to pay me...(this is a joke)

Sea of Thieves
  • I've legitimately never seen water graphics like this game's. They're so realistic it quite literally almost fried my PC, so... proceed with caution. The temptation to be a pirate is way too strong, even when I'm playing it on a potato battery. I love chaos, plus this game has multiplayer and an open world feature, so I'm far from the biggest problem on the ocean... but I can always dream.

Marvel Rivals
  • Okay, so this one more so just looks incredibly cool and fun. Beta just ended and I got access to it for a whole day (thanks @Jake.) and then proceeded to not play because it also fried my computer fan, yay! My PC gave me a memory check when I went to shut it down last night but it's fine everything is fine :D. Anyway, Marvel has needed an actually good game forever, so pleaaaase let it be this one.

Human Fall Flat
  • Adorable, first of all. Second, who doesn't like ragdoll physics games? When the ragdoll physics are intentional, obviously. It's a puzzle game, I got to throw my sister off several cliffs because she took longer to learn the controls than I did, and there are almost no consequences to absolutely destroying a level. Most of the time.

Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • On the subject of trolling, this game is basically the dissertation on how to enact the cutest Hunger Games of all time. Basically, you want to be the only one who beats a level, so you have to screw your friends over to get the win. If it's the point of the game, it's somehow less stressful and way funnier. Especially when you find the black hole items...

Palia
  • Genuinely HOW does this not have an enormous playerbase (maybe it does, I played the beta and haven't had time to touch it since). I love romanceable villagers, I can actually hunt and fish without feeling like the worst gamer on the planet (please take notes, Stardew Valley, I'm begging you), and player housing? I'm sold.

Detroit: Become Human
  • As someone who has literally never been to Detroit and only hears horror stories, I can only assume this is exactly what it's going to look like in a few decades. Maybe less, with some of the more apocalyptic aspects of the game. Detroit really loves digging itself into a hole. But the characters are amazing, there's so many twists and unexpected outcomes from your choices that I could replay this game thousands of times and still manage to get someone killed. Don't be like me.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
  • I'm prefacing this by saying: my parents played this game together and came out of it stronger. Every time I've tried to defuse a bomb in this game, I've panicked like it was a real bomb and lost all sense of direction. To be fair, the last time I played it I was a young child, but still, this is a high strategy level game, so plan accordingly.

Placid Plastic Duck Simulator
  • It's an AFK game. That's basically it, but... rubber ducks in a massive pool with a slide. And some of the ducks spit fire. Or catch on fire. I've never felt more like a cat in front of a TV video of fish in my life than when I'm playing this game, because all I want to do is sit and name the ducks and watch them bump into each other and not blink once. It's hypnotizing, I highly recommend.

That's it for this month! If you want me to include any of your favorite games in the birthday edition, comment them! Please keep all hate/unrelated comments out of the thread, this is for the gamers.
XO, Pretzel

unicorndotdotdot

Unicorndotdotdot
Unicorndotdotdot
Ratings
7 7
Welcome to the August Edition of GamingPretzel!

Gamers, it has been a crazy month for Pretz. But, never fear, new game recs are here! Another unthemed month, but next month is going to be birthday month edition; so games that I love playing on my own time ^-^ game time!
I am !!NOT!! sponsored, but if any of these games wanted to pay me...(this is a joke)

Sea of Thieves
  • I've legitimately never seen water graphics like this game's. They're so realistic it quite literally almost fried my PC, so... proceed with caution. The temptation to be a pirate is way too strong, even when I'm playing it on a potato battery. I love chaos, plus this game has multiplayer and an open world feature, so I'm far from the biggest problem on the ocean... but I can always dream.

Marvel Rivals
  • Okay, so this one more so just looks incredibly cool and fun. Beta just ended and I got access to it for a whole day (thanks @Jake.) and then proceeded to not play because it also fried my computer fan, yay! My PC gave me a memory check when I went to shut it down last night but it's fine everything is fine :D. Anyway, Marvel has needed an actually good game forever, so pleaaaase let it be this one.

Human Fall Flat
  • Adorable, first of all. Second, who doesn't like ragdoll physics games? When the ragdoll physics are intentional, obviously. It's a puzzle game, I got to throw my sister off several cliffs because she took longer to learn the controls than I did, and there are almost no consequences to absolutely destroying a level. Most of the time.

Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • On the subject of trolling, this game is basically the dissertation on how to enact the cutest Hunger Games of all time. Basically, you want to be the only one who beats a level, so you have to screw your friends over to get the win. If it's the point of the game, it's somehow less stressful and way funnier. Especially when you find the black hole items...

Palia
  • Genuinely HOW does this not have an enormous playerbase (maybe it does, I played the beta and haven't had time to touch it since). I love romanceable villagers, I can actually hunt and fish without feeling like the worst gamer on the planet (please take notes, Stardew Valley, I'm begging you), and player housing? I'm sold.

Detroit: Become Human
  • As someone who has literally never been to Detroit and only hears horror stories, I can only assume this is exactly what it's going to look like in a few decades. Maybe less, with some of the more apocalyptic aspects of the game. Detroit really loves digging itself into a hole. But the characters are amazing, there's so many twists and unexpected outcomes from your choices that I could replay this game thousands of times and still manage to get someone killed. Don't be like me.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
  • I'm prefacing this by saying: my parents played this game together and came out of it stronger. Every time I've tried to defuse a bomb in this game, I've panicked like it was a real bomb and lost all sense of direction. To be fair, the last time I played it I was a young child, but still, this is a high strategy level game, so plan accordingly.

Placid Plastic Duck Simulator
  • It's an AFK game. That's basically it, but... rubber ducks in a massive pool with a slide. And some of the ducks spit fire. Or catch on fire. I've never felt more like a cat in front of a TV video of fish in my life than when I'm playing this game, because all I want to do is sit and name the ducks and watch them bump into each other and not blink once. It's hypnotizing, I highly recommend.

That's it for this month! If you want me to include any of your favorite games in the birthday edition, comment them! Please keep all hate/unrelated comments out of the thread, this is for the gamers.
XO, Pretzel
DETROITT BECOME HUMAN Holyy pretzy you got some real taste bc destroit become human is GOOD. but you also left out the qaurry House of ashes and Alotta other good games