Rejected Giant Steps: Ascend the Stairs to get Inside and Take Your Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
Hey there!

It's really cool you took the time to create and submit your map, and I think you did well! However, there are some issues with it.

BUILD:
  • You did an ok job with the build, and I was able to tell what it was!
  • Build is overly simplistic in shape and color
  • Some areas of the build don't look like their equivalent things in-game
  • Floating island style maps are discouraged and almost never accepted.
THEME:
  • There are already a lot of biome/world themed maps, and so unfortunately this theme is very unoriginal.
PARKOUR:
  • The parkour is OK, and it all seems to be possible and is not particularly bad.
  • The parkour is mostly regular block-to-block jumps, ladder, and fence jumps, so try to mix it up!
  • Difficulty-wise, it is too easy even for an easy map in my opinion, and it doesn't fit into a difficulty well.
OTHER:
  • Make sure to take a look at this wiki page if you haven't already, it'll help you out and increase the chances of your map being accepted!
Despite this, great job and keep up the great work!

Ratings
Hey there!

It's really cool you took the time to create and submit your map, and I think you did well! However, there are some issues with it.

BUILD:
  • You did an ok job with the build, and I was able to tell what it was!
  • Build is overly simplistic in shape and color
  • Some areas of the build don't look like their equivalent things in-game
  • Floating island style maps are discouraged and almost never accepted.
THEME:
  • There are already a lot of biome/world themed maps, and so unfortunately this theme is very unoriginal.
PARKOUR:
  • The parkour is OK, and it all seems to be possible and is not particularly bad.
  • The parkour is mostly regular block-to-block jumps, ladder, and fence jumps, so try to mix it up!
  • Difficulty-wise, it is too easy even for an easy map in my opinion, and it doesn't fit into a difficulty well.
OTHER:
  • Make sure to take a look at this wiki page if you haven't already, it'll help you out and increase the chances of your map being accepted!
Despite this, great job and keep up the great work!
Thanks for the criticism. When I was playtesting this map I found that cacti hurt me, so I assumed that lava did as well. I then did all my playtests in creative becuase dying in survival and being sent back to the hub was inconvenient. Only was I finished did I realize that damage from cacti and lava is disabled. This might be the reason why the map is so easy.

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Marraca_Man,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme isn't very original, as there are many maps related to biomes. I understand that wasn't entirely your theme, but based off the build, it does look like different biomes. I would recommend referring to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The parkour has some variety which is nice, however it does feel quite repetitive as you have grouped a lot of your jumps. What I mean by this, is that you would have a sequence of just normal blocks, then just fences etc. Try to mix up your jumps a bit more throughout your map, and experiment with the way you utilise these blocks, to make your map overall more enjoyable to complete.
The difficulty is good for an easy map, and the length is good for a medium map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.