Rejected Glass Plaza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Glass Plaza is a medium map by kibbykab/me. It has 55 jumps, 4 checkpoints and was created on the map maker world. I/kibbykab am a "pro" on your server and has a lot of practice with parkour maps and is very thankful for your server with unending parkour fun.
Plot ID - 6:-22. I can't name it.

ps: sorry for dark/darker pics because I spent 20 minutes trying to screen shot it without the mouse, but the best I could do is press esc, which makes the background darker but lets you move the mouse, and then take the screen shot.
Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 5.16.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 5.17.18 PM.png

Ratings
ok, here is the pictures zoomed in on every checkpoint but I can't change the brightness because I cant screenshot the game without being on the esc screen and also I went though all of the settings trying to figure it out, so thats why it is so dark. sorry. Im on a mac so the screenshot controls are weird. The last one is a better picture of just the maze.
[DOUBLEPOST=1514233202,1514232597][/DOUBLEPOST]btw, i just found out how to get to it is by doing /plot visit kibbykab 1.

Attachments

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Review :
Theme
Not really good, the theme is not really original and there is already some parkour with this "theme" (Crystalized, GlassMuseum (and SandyColors ?)). Be careful next time !

Build
Not good too.
Because of the theme, your parkour is not really good : it's pretty empty, messy and unattractive, maybe try to decorate it with some colored glass.

Parkour
Can be better.
I don't really like the weird maze at the start, because when someone try to do your parkour, he need to know where to go, even if it's intentional.
There is not a lot of variation of block on your parkour ; try to add some ladder, slime, ice...
I don't like the end because of invisible block, it's cruel and a bit useless; please when you build your parkour, never try to troll the player, it's just bad.

Miscellaneous
Your parkour is a medium one but you put a green wool at the end, so put a yellow wool instead.

My opinion
Not gonna be accepted, the theme is pretty unoriginal so the parkour is not good because of the theme, and the parkour need to be improved a bit.

Don't forget that I'm not a map judger (Txilsy and Shron are), I'm just a guy who like to do some review :p

I hope I help you :p

Ratings
Ok, I am all finished with my update of Glass Plaza and am ready for you Shinxray to check on it again. And about the theme, I personally thinks it looks fine and the only one closely related to it is crystalized and to only have 1 or in your opinion a few relations to your theme, im going to stay with it and I think that it is fine.

Ratings
Yesterday I had about 8 people come and play my parkour map and test it using /plot visit kibbykab 1. Make sure u are spelling it right.
[DOUBLEPOST=1514303304][/DOUBLEPOST]If u want, tell me when u are online and ill help u there.

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
I have tried that and it isn't working.
Just in case, did you try on the creative server or on the map maker world ? Because it's a map maker world plot and not a creative one.

Ok, I am all finished with my update of Glass Plaza and am ready for you Shinxray to check on it again. And about the theme, I personally thinks it looks fine and the only one closely related to it is crystalized and to only have 1 or in your opinion a few relations to your theme, im going to stay with it and I think that it is fine.
Even with the improvement you did in your parkour, my opinion is the same mostly because of the theme.

The theme is really bad; a theme for me is something who represent a object, a video games... But a "Glass" theme is too vague for a real theme.
The build suffer a bit because of the theme, even with some dyeing, the build remain empty and messy.
You did some good improvement on the parkour, there is more variation of jumps (maybe now try to balance a bit the number of ladder compared of the number of glass pane and normal jumps ?) and you remove the invisible blocks at the end but the maze is still here.

So for me, your map is not gonna be accepted. Try to learn something from the last parkour added on the server, it might come in handy for your next map :p.

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Hello kibbykab,

Thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

The theme you chose has been used, but also because you don't really have a main build. I'd suggest picking a theme next time, where you can have a main build and connect the jumps on top of it. Look around the parkour world for some inspiration and reference. Also, the amounts of jumps suggest a medium course, while the difficulty of the jumps itself are only easy. Make sure to find balance between these two.

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)
Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Submission format: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
List of current maps/themes: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/#post-73063
Map difficulty guide: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/map-difficulty-guide.16797/

Status
Not open for further replies.