[Global] Ranks

SlyHaze

ELITE
SlyHaze
SlyHaze
ELITE
Ratings
So, I was informed that the ranks recently changed from being Global to only being on individual servers. While this is fine, the rank specifically states:
GLOBAL PERKS
Click the tab categories above to view perks of a specific gamemode!
Claim 3 FREE Ancient Key EVERY MONTH /claim
To me, the term Global means on every server, I'm not exactly sure how manacube defines it but maybe it's a bit different. You only get to claim these keys for the specific server you bought it on. For example, you cannot buy Elite on factions, then go over to prison and claim any monthly keys.

That being said, one could assume that once you purchase a new rank on a different server, the monthly crates would reset because after all, they were never global in the first place.

So, with all that being said, I would suggest either making it more clear that you only get to claim your monthly keys on one server despite having to pay for the ranks each time on all servers. Or, change the way it is currently and remove the cooldown timer when you purchase a new rank.

Regardless of any changes that you do make to the server, one change you should definitely consider making is changing the wording on the shop, because the monthly keys are not a global perk.

L0rd_GrIm

PATRON+
L0rD_GrIm
L0rD_GrIm
Patron+
Ratings
83 8
Another solution would be if the keys were server based and and not global based bc you can only claim the keys on 1 game mode each month.

SlyHaze

ELITE
SlyHaze
SlyHaze
ELITE
Ratings
Ranks have actually been server specific for almost 8 months now, surprisingly! The wording could be a bit different...but it just means those are perks which are valid on all game modes, not that you get them for all modes.
That does not make any sense, what do you mean by "which are valid on all game modes, not that you get them for all modes"?
Using that logic, all perks are "valid" but just not accessible until you purchase the rank. You just used fancy jargon to describe how a normal rank works.

There most certainly is a clear distinction between server-specific perks and "global" perks, meaning that the global perks are meant to be accessible on all servers. This is just a false advertisement.

You might just be misunderstanding what I am saying, or haven't looked at the store in a while. I know there are server-specific perks that you get when you buy a rank for a specific server. My discrepancy is the fact that there are so-called "Global perks" that you are supposed to receive on all servers but do not, in addition to these server-specific perks.

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
347 38
That does not make any sense, what do you mean by "which are valid on all game modes, not that you get them for all modes"?
Using that logic, all perks are "valid" but just not accessible until you purchase the rank. You just used fancy jargon to describe how a normal rank works.

There most certainly is a clear distinction between server-specific perks and "global" perks, meaning that the global perks are meant to be accessible on all servers. This is just a false advertisement.

You might just be misunderstanding what I am saying, or haven't looked at the store in a while. I know there are server-specific perks that you get when you buy a rank for a specific server. My discrepancy is the fact that there are so-called "Global perks" that you are supposed to receive on all servers but do not, in addition to these server-specific perks.
I actually have looked at the store, thank you. And I do understand your concern and how it may be misleading but I’m simply providing a reasonable explanation as to what it means.
While I agree that global should mean you get them for all modes upon purchase, this is not the case because ranks are server specific. Global in this case means these are the set perks you gain for any mode when buying a rank somewhere, they do not vary between modes unlike some other game mode specific commands. It wasn’t meant to come off hostile, just trying to help.

SlyHaze

ELITE
SlyHaze
SlyHaze
ELITE
Ratings
I actually have looked at the store, thank you. And I do understand your concern and how it may be misleading but I’m simply providing a reasonable explanation as to what it means.
While I agree that global should mean you get them for all modes upon purchase, this is not the case because ranks are server specific. Global in this case means these are the set perks you gain for any mode when buying a rank somewhere, they do not vary between modes unlike some other game mode specific commands. It wasn’t meant to come off hostile, just trying to help.
I do not exactly mean to come off as hostile either, but even that explanation does not make sense. So, I think what you are trying to say is: When you purchase a rank, "Global perks" means that you do not get them on every server, but instead the commands are just the same. Therefore, making them "Global". Even if this was the case, this is confusing and a terrible way to advertise it. This is definitely not the case though, because there is "/kit elite" on every server, but you do not see that in the "global perks" section. So, again, this is just false advertising.

I understand the ranks are server-specific now, but as I said in my original post, the wording needs to be changed. Or, changed so that you actually receive all "global perks".

PS: please don't take this in a hostile way, just get pretty passionate when it comes to spending real money lol.

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
347 38
I do not exactly mean to come off as hostile either, but even that explanation does not make sense. So, I think what you are trying to say is: When you purchase a rank, "Global perks" means that you do not get them on every server, but instead the commands are just the same. Therefore, making them "Global". Even if this was the case, this is confusing and a terrible way to advertise it. This is definitely not the case though, because there is "/kit elite" on every server, but you do not see that in the "global perks" section. So, again, this is just false advertising.

I understand the ranks are server-specific now, but as I said in my original post, the wording needs to be changed. Or, changed so that you actually receive all "global perks".

PS: please don't take this in a hostile way, just get pretty passionate when it comes to spending real money lol.
The wording actually makes perfect sense in the context it's in, that it's a perk shared between all servers and not that you get it everywhere since ranks are server specific. I can see how this initially looks misleading but after explaining should have cleared this up. There really isn't any other way to explain it and it's not false advertising...
Also, the only physical things listed in global perks are the rank prefix in game, the role, the tag, and the key in game. These are all a given, and there's not actually anything being missed out on. Kits aren't global, and they're properly listed where you do get access to a rank kit.

SlyHaze

ELITE
SlyHaze
SlyHaze
ELITE
Ratings
The wording actually makes perfect sense in the context it's in, that it's a perk shared between all servers and not that you get it everywhere since ranks are server specific. I can see how this initially looks misleading but after explaining should have cleared this up. There really isn't any other way to explain it and it's not false advertising...
Also, the only physical things listed in global perks are the rank prefix in game, the role, the tag, and the key in game. These are all a given, and there's not actually anything being missed out on. Kits aren't global, and they're properly listed where you do get access to a rank kit.
It really doesn't. I mean, I get what you are trying to say, but it sounds like you are just making up excuses for poor wording. Why would you even need to say "HEY guys, just wanted to let you know. When you buy the MVP rank, you get the MVP tag GLOBALLY, as in not actually globally but like if you buy it for one specific server you get the MVP tag." You really cannot make some blind excuse for the wording, I just think Dacon didn't change the shop when he switched over to server specific, therefore didn't change the wording.

Like come on, you cannot say the wording makes PERFECT sense. "You get these perks Globally, but you get these other perks for this specific server" Okay that makes sense. But saying "Oh well the section where it says Global perks that actually doesn't mean you get these perks on all servers, we are just reiterating the fact that if you buy the MVP rank, you get the MVP tag on that specific server....not globally". That does not make sense unless you are just trying to swindle people into buying your rank and making them think there are global perks when there are really not. Which, I don't think Dacon is trying to do that, I just think he did not change the wording when he made the change.

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
347 38
It really doesn't. I mean, I get what you are trying to say, but it sounds like you are just making up excuses for poor wording. Why would you even need to say "HEY guys, just wanted to let you know. When you buy the MVP rank, you get the MVP tag GLOBALLY, as in not actually globally but like if you buy it for one specific server you get the MVP tag." You really cannot make some blind excuse for the wording, I just think Dacon didn't change the shop when he switched over to server specific, therefore didn't change the wording.

Like come on, you cannot say the wording makes PERFECT sense. "You get these perks Globally, but you get these other perks for this specific server" Okay that makes sense. But saying "Oh well the section where it says Global perks that actually doesn't mean you get these perks on all servers, we are just reiterating the fact that if you buy the MVP rank, you get the MVP tag on that specific server....not globally". That does not make sense unless you are just trying to swindle people into buying your rank and making them think there are global perks when there are really not. Which, I don't think Dacon is trying to do that, I just think he did not change the wording when he made the change.
It isn't that in depth to analyze the literal meaning, but then that's your own opinion. I'm not "making excuses", that's just simply what it means and I've already explained it \o/ What gamemode category name would you rather see in place of global for globally used perks?

SlyHaze

ELITE
SlyHaze
SlyHaze
ELITE
Ratings
It isn't that in depth to analyze the literal meaning, but then that's your own opinion. I'm not "making excuses", that's just simply what it means and I've already explained it \o/ What gamemode category name would you rather see in place of global for globally used perks?
I would rather the Global part be removed completely because again, it's not global. Show me one server that says "Global perks" but actually means you don't get them on every server.
It causes confusion and it's redundant if what you say is true and Dacon didn't just fail to change it after making the ranks server-specific.
Rather, you should just say: Okay, you buy this rank for this specific server, and this is everything that you get. There is literally no point in saying "globally" if it doesn't apply globally. As you said, everything is now server-specific, so why not just take out the "global" word.

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
347 38
We are just having a debate, I honestly have nothing against @EvanTech and I hope he doesn't hold anything against me for trying to prove my point. I know debates can get pretty heated.
Yeah lol I would've stopped if it turned into arguing or a flame war but it was a decent debate.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
@EvanTech i agree with slyhaze
its very misleading to have it listed as a global perk when its server specific. ive mentioned this a number of times and ive seen a bunch of other players also aknowledge the issue. it certainly needs adressing. (i like ranch and italian)
i think the best solution for this would be to just list "claim 1 free ancient key..." under each applicable gamemode.
other perks that you would get on multiple servers arent listed on global, but the ancient key is? you cant get it on creative.
1645849823070.png