ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello Shinx!

I am here to give you my personal review of the map

Firstly the THEME of your map. While there are some maps from Celeste already, I believe there isn't a single map like this. So I would say that the theme is original! Good!

Secondly the BUILD of your map. After looking at reference pictures for a while, I will say that I am both not a fan of the build and a fan of the build. I personally think that the map build is rather messy, and kind of difficult to see what you were trying to build with it. However I can also say that I find it accurate to the original game. The amount of effort that has went into the build is also very clear, so in the end I would say that the build is good for me!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. I thought it was very good! It fits the Medium difficulty quite well and is varied well. The parkour was well thought through, with fun jumps that fit the map's aesthetic and wasn't jump vomit. The length was great for a Medium map, the checkpoint placement was good, and the map is also decently fun to speedrun, which is a trait I like.

Overall a great map Shinx! Good job :)

Good luck! +1

(Mad respect as well, I couldn't find a single skip in your map that actually mattered ;D )

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
i agree with gamers in terms of the build and i do find it to be to messy. i think this is not your fault it is just that having a medium map limits the map size. i reckon perhaps having a larger map in which you could have larger clumps of colour and more graduated shading with the purples would help alot with this issue. i also think having smaller and more horizontally thin sections of white in the sunset would improve this. you can probably help to reduce the messiness if you can change the purple wool and stained clay pairing as they dont blend to well up close. that being said it is still a really good build and the layering has a cool effect.
not much to say on the parkour either as it was very appropriate and well executed.

Kubikit

MVP
Kubikit
Kubikit
MVP
Ratings
I'm surprised at how clear the parkour path is considering the build and its "all over the place" colors, great job on that map as per usual.

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
It's funny, I was looking through your maps on plot world yesterday (I just practice on them I'm not stalking you 0_0) and I came across this one, I played it, it was super fun and the build looks great, I was wondering when you were going to submit the map and here is the submission! Hope it gets accepted <3

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey Shinx,

I am writing this to tell you this map is being put in Ongoing. This means that your map has undergone a review by a primary map judge and is ready to be discussed by the map judge team. Please be patient with us during this process as it can take a few days to reach a final decision about your map! The thread will now be closed to public comments.

Message me on Discord if you have any questions!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hi Shinx!

I am happy to tell you this map is being accepted! The theme is original, there are other maps built by you from this game but none of this exact level. The build is great, I think it fits the reference that I have seen pretty well. There's also a lot of details throughout and I really like the color palette of the map. No surprises there!

The parkour was also good of course, it was mixed and varied, and fit the medium difficulty very nicely. I felt the parkour was pretty smooth, and I was surprised it was already over when I was done (I had to go back and check the jumps to make sure it was long enough and it was). Overall very fun to play, nice work!

Thanks for submitting this map! If you have questions feel free to message me on Discord. Hope to see more maps from you soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.