Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hello :) I would unfortunately have to give this map a -1. While I do personally like the theme, the theme is technically unoriginal, since there is already a mini golf map. Please refer to the Parkour List here to make sure you are building an original theme: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/.
The build is a bit simple and I feel more details could be added, especially paying attention to scale! The golf cart and trees are more player sized, while the pond, frog, golf ball itself are more over sized.

I also feel like there's a ton of open space! A build this size could sustain quite a few jumps, but most of the fairway isn't used at all until the end by the flagpole. I just found this a bit odd. Try to incorporate the parkour through the build's space!

With the parkour, the map is much too easy for a medium map because of the lack of jump variety, with the map being mostly normal jumps and ladders. Try to integrate other kinds of jumps such as fences (which you did a few) vines, water, walls, trap doors, anvils, etc.
Also, the majority of the map can be skipped via this path here: https://prnt.sc/s2jn2h

this could be blocked with glass or barriers. There may be other spots too since jumps appear very low and close to the edge of the pond, especially on the frog.

Note that I am just a Mapper and community member who likes to give feedback on submissions to help improve the building skills of our community! Good luck on your submission :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Also i was wondering why there is such an emphasis on jump variety. I feel like we could have more varied jumps with fences, heads, brewing stands and enchant tables I generally feel like those are out of place and less fun

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello TheyCallMeLilRoo, Cosmey, and PshhPearl,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is a bit unoriginal, as it was mentioned above, we already have a golf-related map (MinyGolf.) Before making a map, make sure the theme hasn't been done already by going here: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
The build is somewhat accurate to how a golf course would look in real life, so good job on that! However, as it was also mentioned above, there is a lot of open space that could potentially house some more details. (Although I do understand that golf courses are bare in real life.)
The parkour is quite repetitive throughout with straight-forward jumps. Try incorporating different jump styles throughout your entire map! These could include; heads, vines, and other different blocks. The length of the course does fit the medium difficulty, but the jump difficulty is a bit too easy.

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.