Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/detail: For the theme, unfortunately, it looks like the theme for your map submission is not original, we've already got a greek mythology type map called GreekTemple which looks very similar to your map submission sadly, for the detail it's alright But your map detail is very basic and doesn't really look attractive, unfortunately.

Parkour difficulty/variety: First thing I noticed when looking at the pictures was that you've got way too many floating blocks, if you're not sure what I mean by that I'm trying to say that it looks quite messy when you've got floating blocks in the air, a couple of blocks floating is fine but you've got certainly too many. For your parkour difficulty, I guess you could argue that it matches HARD difficulty but what I noticed quite a lot in your map submission is that your map doesn't really have good block variety in jumps, it looks basic and feels pretty repetitive when playing it. I suggest adding some more interesting type blocks like flower pot jumps, anvil jumps, cactus jumps, chest/enchantment table jumps, etc.

Good luck!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Mr_CloudyZ,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, because as mentioned above, we already have a map with the exact same theme (GreekTemple.) Before creating your map, please make sure that the theme has not already been done before by going here: https://www.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
The build is quite messy, as several of the structures are floating and placed far apart from each other, so try grouping the structures closer together in the future. I'd also recommend making the structures bigger so there can be room for some more details!
The parkour is
floating throughout (meaning it isn't attached to the build) which can make it look quite messy. The parkour is also quite repetitive throughout, with ladders and other simple block jumps. Try to incorporate different jump styles throughout the entire map! This may include; fences, lava, water, heads, glass, and many more different types of jumps! The length is good for a hard map; however, the parkour was quite easy in my opinion.

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.