Guarantee system for crates. Comment your thoughts!

Orsx

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
orsx
orsx
Patron+
Ratings
84 4
Another one of my suggestions posted in the Skyblock suggestion discords:
A Guarantee system for crates. (I think this was supposed to be implemented into the new crate system but never was?). Pretty self explanatory but if you open a certain amount of crates (Staff can discuss the amount) you're guaranteed all/ a certain amount of legendary items from the crates going in random order of the legendary tier items but one of each (before getting a dupe). Of course this would make crates less of a gamble however you'd still be trying to get these items within the guarantee number. I know for a fact that implementing a system like this to the monthly crates would boost sales and also make the crates more enticing for the big spenders who currently decide every crate to open or just buy the drops from openers.

Just another idea.

Another one of my suggestions was global cubit coinflips: https://manacube.com/threads/global-cubit-coinflip-suggestion-pls-comment-your-thoughts.78793/

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Dacon won't go for this because it puts a "cap" on how much a player can/will spend (even though this only really effects big spenders).

This would be GREAT for big spenders, but if this were to be implemented, the benchmarks for receiving a guaranteed legendary are going to be set astronomically high to encourage people to spend more than they already do.

EDIT: We already see this with the most recent crates, like the Valentine's shield is a guarantee after 40 crates opened (3 12x Key bundles = $180 at $60 each bundle, still need 4 single keys so that's an additional $20, that's $200 for a shield).

Sadly this probably wouldn't get implemented because ultimately, the people who are willing to spend money will do so whether there is a guaranteed reward or not. Yes, crates may be more enticing and you may get some of the fence-sitters to choose to spend instead of hold off, but this wouldn't affect or benefit most people.

It's a nice idea though, having been a big spender previously (oops I haven't bought crates in over a year) it would've been nice to see that guarantee when buying crates in mass.

Orsx

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
orsx
orsx
Patron+
Ratings
84 4
Dacon won't go for this because it puts a "cap" on how much a player can/will spend (even though this only really effects big spenders).

This would be GREAT for big spenders, but if this were to be implemented, the benchmarks for receiving a guaranteed legendary are going to be set astronomically high to encourage people to spend more than they already do.

EDIT: We already see this with the most recent crates, like the Valentine's shield is a guarantee after 40 crates opened (3 12x Key bundles = $180 at $60 each bundle, still need 4 single keys so that's an additional $20, that's $200 for a shield).

Sadly this probably wouldn't get implemented because ultimately, the people who are willing to spend money will do so whether there is a guaranteed reward or not. Yes, crates may be more enticing and you may get some of the fence-sitters to choose to spend instead of hold off, but this wouldn't affect or benefit most people.

It's a nice idea though, having been a big spender previously (oops I haven't bought crates in over a year) it would've been nice to see that guarantee when buying crates in mass.
I agree completely, would be amazing to have but a somewhat unrealistic ask of the server. Every now and then there will be that item in the crate you just cant seem to get. For me and a few friends it was the fastplace perk. Me and others spent over 300 cubits souley trying to the perk which was listed as a legendary crate perk. However they could give a guarantee of a legendary promised every 20 keys or so (It'd still be crazy high but just ensures the players they wont get stupidly unlucky). Not sure, what do you think?

hdgf

PATRON
hdgf
hdgf
Patron
Ratings
35 2
I agree completely, would be amazing to have but a somewhat unrealistic ask of the server. Every now and then there will be that item in the crate you just cant seem to get. For me and a few friends it was the fastplace perk. Me and others spent over 300 cubits souley trying to the perk which was listed as a legendary crate perk. However they could give a guarantee of a legendary promised every 20 keys or so (It'd still be crazy high but just ensures the players they wont get stupidly unlucky). Not sure, what do you think?
i think the solution to this would be to have EVERYTHING in a crate transferable/sellable. titles, perks etc. wouldnt hurt dacon's wallet and solves people opening 60+ crates for one title they didnt get COUGH COUGH twnku COUGH COUGH

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
...they could give a guarantee of a legendary promised every 20 keys or so (It'd still be crazy high but just ensures the players they wont get stupidly unlucky). Not sure, what do you think?
This is more promising and less complicated, would love to see it added but something tells me we will never see such a benefit.

i think the solution to this would be to have EVERYTHING in a crate transferable/sellable. titles, perks etc. wouldnt hurt dacon's wallet and solves people opening 60+ crates for one title they didnt get COUGH COUGH twnku COUGH COUGH
This idea sounds great, I would absolutely love to see an updated auction house with a better GUI for SVA items to go with this. Although I don't think we will ever get crate items as tradeable/consumables for a few reasons, the main issue being that if titles and perks become tradeable tickets (like an MMO if you've ever played one) would be way more accessible to non-paying players and would ruin the "exclusivity" of the items.

ManaCube marketing isn't very complicated, the crates kinda play on the "FOMO" mentality of "these items are exclusive and if you don't buy keys/crates you won't have access to them!" and that is a big part of why they sell. Throwback sales don't come around often and it is even MORE difficult to get certain items from those.

In MMO economies you have to be very careful about players being able to "hoard" event items and valuables (it's why many items are temporary for events so you MUST use them in a certain timeframe). I would hate for all crate items to become tradeable only for them to be given temporary timers in their useable state (aka, you must consume the item or it disappears entirely). Maybe I shouldn't even type this idea into existence because this would not benefit players, especially big spenders.

Sorry this is going way too into detail, but if all items were tradeable, that means the lesser desired items would suddenly be obtainable multiple times (title tickets, cosmetics, etc) and it would be even more difficult to get the legendary SVA tools and weapons that people are usually going for in the game modes they exist in. Sure, there would be more exchange of currency, but this would serve a whale-focused economy and make things even more pay to win than they already can be.

**RANT OVER** I just have a lot of feelings about game economies LOL

Orsx

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
orsx
orsx
Patron+
Ratings
84 4
This is more promising and less complicated, would love to see it added but something tells me we will never see such a benefit.

This idea sounds great, I would absolutely love to see an updated auction house with a better GUI for SVA items to go with this. Although I don't think we will ever get crate items as tradeable/consumables for a few reasons, the main issue being that if titles and perks become tradeable tickets (like an MMO if you've ever played one) would be way more accessible to non-paying players and would ruin the "exclusivity" of the items.

ManaCube marketing isn't very complicated, the crates kinda play on the "FOMO" mentality of "these items are exclusive and if you don't buy keys/crates you won't have access to them!" and that is a big part of why they sell. Throwback sales don't come around often and it is even MORE difficult to get certain items from those.

In MMO economies you have to be very careful about players being able to "hoard" event items and valuables (it's why many items are temporary for events so you MUST use them in a certain timeframe). I would hate for all crate items to become tradeable only for them to be given temporary timers in their useable state (aka, you must consume the item or it disappears entirely). Maybe I shouldn't even type this idea into existence because this would not benefit players, especially big spenders.

Sorry this is going way too into detail, but if all items were tradeable, that means the lesser desired items would suddenly be obtainable multiple times (title tickets, cosmetics, etc) and it would be even more difficult to get the legendary SVA tools and weapons that people are usually going for in the game modes they exist in. Sure, there would be more exchange of currency, but this would serve a whale-focused economy and make things even more pay to win than they already can be.

**RANT OVER** I just have a lot of feelings about game economies LOL
No, thank you for the 'rant' really good points raised! Appreciate you taking the time to reply to the suggestion!