Hackers...

Ratings
3 2
I'm sorry, but I am sick and tired of all the hackers on KitPvP, and even though the server broadcast says "Use /report to report players!" We do it, no one, no one from /staff that are online come over. It's only when someone literally goes over to the gamemode they're playing, and spams them. All I say is, hire new or more active mods/admins, anyone that can ban someone from KitPvP. I go on KitPvP near enough every day (Lmao, no try hard) and find at least 1 hacker.
[DOUBLEPOST=1452807015][/DOUBLEPOST]No hate to the mods/admins/anyone who can ban someone, just saying that there needs to be more active or more mods on KitPvP and any other gamemode
:p

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
I'm sorry, but I am sick and tired of all the hackers on KitPvP, and even though the server broadcast says "Use /report to report players!" We do it, no one, no one from /staff that are online come over. It's only when someone literally goes over to the gamemode they're playing, and spams them. All I say is, hire new or more active mods/admins, anyone that can ban someone from KitPvP. I go on KitPvP near enough every day (Lmao, no try hard) and find at least 1 hacker.
[DOUBLEPOST=1452807015][/DOUBLEPOST]No hate to the mods/admins/anyone who can ban someone, just saying that there needs to be more active or more mods on KitPvP and any other gamemode
:p
I agree. Most staff ignore the /report's and /helpop's anyways

Ratings
3 2
Why at SenzJinx and Erick? o_O
Also, I looked at the application requirements for applying, I'm 14, not 15 (Not sure if that really matters though) I only joined the Minevast Forums even though I've been playing on Minevast for like over 2 and a half years now. And I need to write 10 times (not sure why)

"If you can dream, you can do it" <-- Quote's not mine BTW

-Spyro

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Why at SenzJinx and Erick? o_O
Also, I looked at the application requirements for applying, I'm 14, not 15 (Not sure if that really matters though) I only joined the Minevast Forums even though I've been playing on Minevast for like over 2 and a half years now. And I need to write 10 times (not sure why)

"If you can dream, you can do it" <-- Quote's not mine BTW

-Spyro
Age does matter

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
We do need more staff on kitpvp, and most of our servers. But we don't get many applications from qualified candidates. We are looking for players that are mature, follow the server rules, will not be biased and will treat players with respect. Our standards are high, and it is hard to find players that have shown they meet them. I think kitpvp is one of the harder servers to staff. There is a lot of trash talk and "hate" on kitpvp, we need staff that is mature enough to handle that. It isn't an easy job.

Making useful posts on the forums is an important requirement for future staff. Player reports, ban appeals, bug reports and questions for staff are on the forums. If staff members are not active on the forums before becoming staff, they aren't active after becoming staff. In my opinion dealing with issues that are brought up in the forums is as important as those brought up in game. So, being an active member of the forums and providing quality answers or suggestions on other's posts is important to me.

For kitpvp, one way to get your 10 posts while showing you are staff material is to submit player reports on the hackers, including videos. That helps clean up the hackers and also shows you are able to tell hacks from skill. It also meets the requirements for 10 quality forum posts.

If someone is turning 15 soon, its a good time to start recording and making player reports on the forums. We will appreciate the help with the hackers and you can show yourself as fit for staff.

As far as staff not responding to helpops, I agree it does happen. But, just because a staff member is on the server, doesn't mean they are sitting idle waiting for something to do. Often there are several helpops that come in at the same time, plus the issues they may be dealing with on the server they are on. If we are in the middle of dealing with griefing we may not respond immediately to another helpop on a hacker. Also, not all staff have the training to find hackers on all servers. A creative mod most likely isn't trained and doesn't have the tools to observe and ban hackers on kitpvp. They should enforce chat violations on every server, but are not trained on all the commands and tools for every server.

Hope this is helpful. We are always looking for good staff applicants. I have never thought we have enough staff, or that we don't need more.

If you have specific complaints about staff, please start a conversation with me, or file a player report. None of us are perfect staff, we make mistakes, but we do try our best. But if you feel a staff member is not doing their job, I'd like to know. Unless its me, then you can tell Drakey or another staff member. :rolleyes: (I probably would be biased if you complain about me lol).

Ratings
3 2
Since, I am turning 15 in a few months, would I be eligible of applying? I do go on KitPvP near enough everyday (unless I've something to do)

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
Its okay Tenshi, I have seen him on.

Its Spyro_ please start a conversation with me via the forums, so we can discuss with out input from those that have no say in the promotion process.

Ratings
In KitPVP 6.0 That has been released they use AAC (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/aac-advanced-anti-cheat-hack-kill-aura-blocker.6442/) It is paid for but very good and therefore should cutback on the amount of hackers if you do /aac in the KitPVP lobby it will kick you back to the main hub. It tells a staff member the suspected hacker and the admin plus anti-cheat can watch over them. (I KNOW THIS 1. BECAUSE I AM NOT A HACKER, 2. I DID /aac AND IT KICKED ME 3. I GOT KICKED FOR BAD PACKETS AND SAW THE KICK MESSAGE AND IT IS THE SAME WHEN I GOT KICKED ON MY OWN SERVER, 4. THEY HAVE CHANGED [AAC] TO [Hacks] AS WELL.)

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
AAC does help, but the kitpvp community can also help. Good recordings of hackers and using the forums to report them is a great way to get rid of the problem players. Screenshots of chat violations also help. Staff can't be everywhere, but we have plenty of loyal players who could help. Not everyone wants to be staff, or is ready for staff, but they can still help the server. If everyone that has ever complained about hackers or 'the community' filed player reports instead of just complaining, we'd be much better off.

And to those of you already filing Player Reports, thank you! :rolleyes: