Halloween Event: Kill the King

Octaviene

VIP
Octaviene
Octaviene
VIP
Ratings
32 5
I’ve realised that compared to other servers, KitPvP doesn’t really get a lot of love in terms of events. As such, I’ve come up with a suggestion of an event which the Kit staff could host for us this Halloween.

Kill the King is inspired by the HCF community equivalent of the same name.

Essentially, 1 player (who is usually a staff member) is selected to be the King. He/she is given significantly more powerful items that what is obtainable by the average player. Then, a bounty is placed on them to see who gets the killing blow. The King then jumps into pvp and operates in a restricted area, attacking everyone. Players can work together to swarm the king in large numbers to try to kill him/her. Whoever lands the killing blow gets significant rewards of some sort.

Ideas:

Equipment for King:

- Full Protection 5 Diamond Armor (To allow the King to play aggressively with minimal concern to his/her health in order to pose a significant threat to players)

- Unbreaking 5 on all pieces (To enhance the longevity of the fight)

- A coded feature which causes all modified items to despawn upon the death of the King

- 3 to 5 Enchanted Golden Apples for use when the armor begins to break

- Sharpness 5 Fire Aspect 2 Unbreaking 3 Diamond Sword

- 1 Potion which grants the following effects infinitely: Speed II, Strength I, Resistance I, Fire Resistance I

- 1 to 2 stacks of regular golden apples

- 16 Enderpearls

- Soups to fill the rest of the inventory

Optional:

- Protection 5 Pumpkin to be worn on the head for thematic purposes and to help users be able to differentiate the King from a regular diamond armored player.

Rewards:

10 to 20 Halloween Keys

Exclusive Protection 5 Pumpkin that could drop on the death of the King

Octaviene

VIP
Octaviene
Octaviene
VIP
Ratings
32 5
I like it. Maybe it could be a mob coded in instead of a staff member, that would save time and wouldn't force a staff member to be the "king" if he/she didn't really want to. +1
I. . . Highly question the threat which a mob will pose. . . Genuinely. Mob AI is nowhere near as clever as a player. If the mob is allowed free roam throughout the map, players may attempt to cheese the event by voiding the mob. If the mob is restricted to a fixed space, players may abuse knockback 2 weapons and punch bows to mess with the mob’s path finding.

Too many cons, not enough pros. It should be a player.

201iQ

PATRON
Ratings
35 7
I’ve realised that compared to other servers, KitPvP doesn’t really get a lot of love in terms of events. As such, I’ve come up with a suggestion of an event which the Kit staff could host for us this Halloween.

Kill the King is inspired by the HCF community equivalent of the same name.

Essentially, 1 player (who is usually a staff member) is selected to be the King. He/she is given significantly more powerful items that what is obtainable by the average player. Then, a bounty is placed on them to see who gets the killing blow. The King then jumps into pvp and operates in a restricted area, attacking everyone. Players can work together to swarm the king in large numbers to try to kill him/her. Whoever lands the killing blow gets significant rewards of some sort.

Ideas:

Equipment for King:

- Full Protection 5 Diamond Armor (To allow the King to play aggressively with minimal concern to his/her health in order to pose a significant threat to players)

- Unbreaking 5 on all pieces (To enhance the longevity of the fight)

- A coded feature which causes all modified items to despawn upon the death of the King

- 3 to 5 Enchanted Golden Apples for use when the armor begins to break

- Sharpness 5 Fire Aspect 2 Unbreaking 3 Diamond Sword

- 1 Potion which grants the following effects infinitely: Speed II, Strength I, Resistance I, Fire Resistance I

- 1 to 2 stacks of regular golden apples

- 16 Enderpearls

- Soups to fill the rest of the inventory

Optional:

- Protection 5 Pumpkin to be worn on the head for thematic purposes and to help users be able to differentiate the King from a regular diamond armored player.

Rewards:

10 to 20 Halloween Keys

Exclusive Protection 5 Pumpkin that could drop on the death of the King
Hi Octaviene,

I do not know if you saw my post of suggestions for the current halloween event or not, but in my opinion I really like your idea of spicing the events on ManaCube up! People with a creative mind are in my opinion needed to not only improve the gameplay but to also improve the server as a whole from where it is standing right now.. Tho this topic is obviously to late as the Halloween event is already ongoing, but for sure a thing to consider for any new upcomming events.

There potentially could be a lot more improvement and more depth into your idea, but in general it is not bad at all!

Another adjustment could for example be, make an Halloween event in the event hub where you have to complete for example a parkour which the whole server could participate in to connect other server players aswell in a fun and way more interactive way and the first 10 to complete the parkour get a reward of choose depending on which server they play on reward examples could be :

- Clever titles matching the server they play on for example on survival ; Hallowed Survivalist.
- exclusive Halloween items with actually exclusive benefits for the player.
- Rank-Upgrades up to VIP+ or specific amount of cubits ( range from 10 to 20 )

This in my opinion would even spice up things more then just copying event ideas from other servers, it is important for servers to be unique to stand out in all of the diversity there is already.

Kindest Regards,

B0420

Conver

Ratings
75 25
First off Octaviene, I really don't think you belong in a KitPvP, and should consider how you spend your time. You take this game way to seriously, I've seen atleast 10k characters coming from you on just these forums the last 24 hours, you are a talented writer you should go write some books instead of making scammer reports on a sub forums for minecraft.

For the boss, I kinda like the idea not gonna lie, but I can think of a billion ways to abuse, glitch and ruin the entire event. I think buffing Koth's with better rewards and to be more frequent would overall be a better idea, and easier to implement.

Have a good day, Conversive.