Rejected Haunted Library (Hard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: cLOUDDEAD
Map Name: Haunted Library
ID: 39;-75
Difficulty: Hard
Length: ~72ish jumps over 6 CPs

The path through the course is very winding and fits a lot of jumps into a somewhat small space. It's designed to have a fairly complex route to tease the player by making them take a long path to reach a destination that is always close to where they are, without ever being too confusing to navigate for the first time through the map. It is also designed so that certain CPs can be used at different angles, so a CP you used much earlier can be useful again in a later section of the map.
Despite how close everything is, no barrier blocks were used to force you into a route, only the physics of the game stop you from taking unintended shortcuts

This is also my first map, so if I'm missing anything obvious please let me know

Screenshots
2019-10-25_15.03.11.png
2019-10-25_15.04.02.png
2019-10-25_15.04.26.png
2019-10-25_15.04.52.png

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I hope the abundance of "normal jumps" doesn't prevent this map from being accepted

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19

As it is, the parkour is very confusing. A few signs would be helpful, it took me like 20 seconds just to find the start. As Tasses mentioned, there's quite a few normal jumps as well. You can try to diversify these with ice, soul sand, fences, walls, snow, heads, gates, trapdoors, etc.

The build isn't bad on the outside, but the inside is very plain and the bookcase walls look rather unappealing.

The theme has already been done before; we have a haunted mansion, a haunted manor, a library dropper, and a library parkour.

Good luck!

Luci

Forum Expert
ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
Hey!

Unfortunately, we will be rejecting this map due to the following reasons; firstly, as @MCBYT said above, the theme has already been done before with an abundance of maps revolving around haunted things, and libraries. The build is decent, but it would be nice to see more depth and a less-square building, as well as the inside, being a bit messy. My main concern of the submission is the parkour, first of all, it's really confusing right off the bat, as well when going throughout the map, I found myself lost and couldn't even make it to the finish, secondly; There's almost no variation throughout the map, which we tend to look down upon.

In the future when submitting maps, I'd recommend referring to here <-- to see a list of accepted parkour maps to prevent unorginal maps! I'd also recommend putting more shape into your builds to make it look overall better. In the future, please go through your map and put signs or heads that indicate where you're supposed to go, as well as adding variation into your jumps, and not just repeating the same jump over and over, this can be used with brewing stands, enchantment tables, ice, fences, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to create, and submit your map. We'd love to see more from you in the future!
Luci

Status
Not open for further replies.