ArtThou

Ratings
14 1
- Around 80 jumps
- 3 checkpoints
- Builders: TheCodeRed (me)
- Name: Heads
- Difficulty: Easy
- Do /plot tp TheCodeRed (I only own one plot)
The pictures failed to load after trying multiple times. Sorry.

AlfieJay

Parkour Mod+ | Survival Mod
Moderator+
AlfieJay
AlfieJay
Mod+
Ratings
341 10
+1

The map idea is simple yet good. It's about right for an easy map and it was enjoyable to play. Only points of criticism, the parkour in between the heads was kind of boring and repetitive and I would've liked to see more heads in the map!

Just to clarify, this is NOT a final response but just my opinion ;D

ArtThou

Ratings
14 1
I do think that I should've added some more parkour in between the heads (ladder jumps, fence jumps, etc.). I was also planning on adding a ghast head to the level but I though that the size of it could interfere with other levels so I decided not to build it. But thank you for the feedback.

Last edited:

ArtThou

Ratings
14 1
I realized how much I need to improve the parkour in between the heads. I might have to redo some of the parkour.

Last edited:

ArtThou

Ratings
14 1
Map update:
- Jumps went from about 80 to about 78
- I added more longer jumps, fence jumps, and stone wall jumps in between heads (I also made some of the ice block jumps at the end longer)
- 1 helper (helped me test the map): Feilip
If I need to add/improve and/or remove something please tell me.

Last edited:

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
+1, I really like the map, the build is simple, yet effective and the parkour blends in well with it. The only thing that could be a problem is the length of the map, in my opinion it is a little bit long for an easy map, but it still works fine and I really like it!
Good luck <3

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi TheCodeRed,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is not really original, even if you tried just using the heads of mobs, there is still already some Minecraft themed maps. The build is not really good, the heads are the same as the Minecraft heads, which mean they looks copied (A bit like a pixel art you see ?), there is also a lot of floating jumps, because there is not one main build, but 3 scattered build, making your map messy. The parkour could be better, it's a bit varied, but still feel repetitive, and a bit long and boring for an easy (80 jumps is way too much for an easy, try between 20 and 40 jumps for this difficulty.). Last thing, I think you probably used a 1.9+ blocks here, because I can't see it in 1.8, making your map impossible in 1.8 : http://prntscr.com/ldxcrf

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.