255 2
Map Name: HolePunch
Creator: GamersDecision
/plot home GamersDecision 9
Difficulty: Expert
Jumps: 75
Checkpoints: 7
Theme: Paper Mario The Origami King

Tell me if it's too hard or if you have critique! This is the boss of the Yellow Streamer, the Disco Devil, Hole Punch.
Edit: Thanks to caseyclosed for helping me with the map! I believe the new shading (that isn't visible in the pictures) fits well in the newer textures, even if it looks a little off in 1.8 textures. I hope it's good!

Attachments

Last edited:

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
I'm loving these Paper Mario submissions that keep popping up. This one is a Grade A Map! Parkour is fun and balanced (I wasn't stuck on a section for too long while playing this course). Jumps are varied and from what I saw while playing there were no useless parkour blocks. (haha no half beds :D). I haven't made it this far into the new paper mario game so I had to google your theme and sure enough it looks exactly like the build. I helped with a tiny bit of shading to add more depth to the build. Other than that I love this map! I hope it'll get accepted.

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
I also felt that the map was awesome! Even though I think that some parts are too easy, they certainly fit the expert difficulty without being too hard to trying too hard to 'be hard', if that makes any sense. But I really enjoyed the map, and it was also fun to play! The theme is also original (but not for Gamers), and it also looks very appealing and the parkour doesn't really get in the way of the build.
Thanks again for letting me test this one out! It's definitely different from your past maps but in a good way!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Gamers,

It makes me very happy to be able to tell you that I will be ACCEPTING your map.
  • Theme: Although we do have our fair share of Mario-related maps, none are themed after the boss HolePunch. So, this is most definitely an originally themed map submission. Well done!
  • Build: Personally, I think that the build was very well-executed. It looks just like the boss from the game, so kudos to you. The detailing, shaping, parkour integration, and surroundings of the build all work well with each other to create a very attractive map.
  • Parkour: The parkour fit the expert difficulty in both length and difficulty. I gotta say, it was a fun map to do. It didn't feel overly difficult or annoying, thanks to the cp placement and jumps used. We did have to nerf one jump though, this being the cocoa bean neo to daylight sensor. Other than that, it was a very spotless parkour!
I hope to see many more map submissions from you in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.