How I Would Improve Mob Drops

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Although this season's spawner system is a pretty niiice improvement to the previous seasons, I do not think it's perfect. And along with the process to get spawners, the mob spawning system could also be improved.

In a different post I recently made, I showed that the mob drop multiplier does not work. And while this should have been fixed when the issue was noticed a year ago on skyblock, my experiments made me realize there is a bigger issue with just simply fixing it which might be why its still broken.

There are multiple factors combining to create mob drops in default Minecraft. Each mob has a loot table where drops have a range to the drop quantity. In default Minecraft, blazes drop 0 - 1 rods without looting. This gives me my first nod towards knowing that restricted drops (example: exactly 2 blaze rods per blaze) just won't do. Then you add looting. This increases the maximum drops per mob by 1 per level. With restricted drops, looting is pathetic, useless, an outcast even!

When kill by hand, I think every mob should have a range of quantity dropped. With some pretty easy datapacks or plugins, you can change the set or range of the drops. I would change blazes to drop 1 - 2 without looting or upgrades. I would also make it so each mob drop upgrade moves the range maximum up by 1 count (becomes 1 - 3 after 1 upgrade). These upgrades would work the same way looting does. This would be applied to all spawners placed on the plot. I would make there be a maximum of 4 upgrades, making blaze's loot table with maxed drop upgrades 1 - 6 (avg ~3.5 per kill). Mana cost maybe 100k per level.

With the current system, looting is useless. SV swords that once had a use due to their looting, like my precious paradise sword, have been devalued bigly as a result. With this new adjustment, looting would work as normal. With a paradise sword, the person killing blazes would be able to get 1 - 11 drops (avg ~6 per kill). I think this would be completely fair because everyone would have the ability to get ~3.5 drops per kill, and with a looting sword even more. It would help make an incentive for people to buy and sell SV swords with looting, therefore extending the economic life, as well as make looting enchant on new SV items more appealing.

Cores and fragments should also be fixed. Their advertised drop rate is false. I killed 5k+ chickens and gotten 4 fragments. If the percentage for fragments was correct, I should have gotten about 35. I think if their drop rate was working properly that would be too high, producing 350 per 50k spawns. I think 1 spawner should be able to produce enough fragments and cores to create 3 - 4 new spawners, which is close to the rate that they produce now. So really the advertised drop rates should just be fixed.

When mobs are auto killed, either by gravity, lava, suffocation, or any other means, they should drop little. A blaze should drop only a single rod and never cores or fragments when auto killed. This would be almost the exact same thing as what happens now.

I think every mob, except hades mobs, should drop heads. Currently, I know that at least guardians don't. This should be fixed.
Every mob drop should be sellable. Mobs like illusioners drop bows. Useless bows.

I think by adding these ideas for when killing by hand, the push for the season to be grindy will still be there while keeping the afk to win very low.

Ratings
hi! i agree with the head drops and so on i also was hoping to see maybe an addition of rates per drop on the spawners from the crates seeing as ive killed over 2k silverfish trying to find out if they drop fragments (if they do i stg im just super unlucky) that and the ability to sell like totems and bows since those are whats dropped from evokers and illusoniers since its super annoying to just have those sitting in hopes of them not being useless, in the end i just want drop rates of EACH spawner stated so i dont waste my time.

Scott0630

PATRON
irl_Scotty
irl_Scotty
Patron
Ratings
27 1
Cores and fragments should also be fixed. Their advertised drop rate is false. I killed 5k+ chickens and gotten 4 fragments. If the percentage for fragments was correct, I should have gotten about 35. I think if their drop rate was working properly that would be too high, producing 350 per 50k spawns. I think 1 spawner should be able to produce enough fragments and cores to create 3 - 4 new spawners, which is close to the rate that they produce now. So really the advertised drop rates should just be fixed.

When mobs are auto killed, either by gravity, lava, suffocation, or any other means, they should drop little. A blaze should drop only a single rod and never cores or fragments when auto killed. This would be almost the exact same thing as what happens now.

I think every mob, except hades mobs, should drop heads. Currently, I know that at least guardians don't. This should be fixed.
Every mob drop should be sellable. Mobs like illusioners drop bows. Useless bows.

I think by adding these ideas for when killing by hand, the push for the season to be grindy will still be there while keeping the afk to win very low.
I completely agree with the core and fragment drop rates. When they do fix the spawner repair system it will be harder to repair them and etc. Guardians don't have a head that they could drop so I don't necessarily know what you mean by that but I completely agree that they should change Illusioner drops and so forth. +1 :)

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47