How would you explain Factions to someone thats new?

SadPeppermint

PATRON
SadPepMint
SadPepMint
Patron
Ratings
34 1
So when hoping on factions today during Aether prisons reboot I had a friend with me and she asked me what factions was all about. Honestly I was a little stumped on how to explain it to her what factions was about and what you exactly do. Lemme know what you would have said?

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,325 82
Hell on Earth...

Basically, the way I view it (other than utter hell), is like a mixture of Survival and KitPvP but with more lenient rules (for example, raiding and printer being allowed in certain situations) and with raiding as the main focus.

I’m a total factions noob though; however I am trying to throw myself head-first into it and see what happens!... wish me luck

SadPeppermint

PATRON
SadPepMint
SadPepMint
Patron
Ratings
34 1
Hell on Earth...

Basically, the way I view it (other than utter hell), is like a mixture of Survival and KitPvP but with more lenient rules (for example, raiding and printer being allowed in certain situations) and with raiding as the main focus.

I’m a total factions noob though; however I am trying to throw myself head-first into it and see what happens!... wish me luck
Lmao, totally couldn't agree more. Good luck on being a noob <3

Jushua

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Jushua
Jushua
ELITE
Ratings
160 5
Ill just put a simple explanation without every aspect of factions. I think ill make a separate forum post for that, explaining everything.

Factions is a very interesting game mode for someone new to figure out. Lets just start out saying factions is a really competitive game mode.

The main goal of factions pretty much on any server to to achieve FTOP 1, making you and your faction known as the the richest and in some most cases the strongest faction on the server. (/FTOP shows a list of all the top factions)

The way to rise yourself and your faction up on FTOP leaderboards is to obtain spawners. These spawners add wealth to your FTOP making other factions know how much you are worth.

Now the start to achieve FTOP is to make a base. Not just any base, but a base where you can expand and grow richer from the inside. The base can’t be to small to achieve this.
You need to make defenses around your base with walls to keep your valuables safe. You must make spawner farms to grow richer from the inside and to grow.

NOW, this is were factions gets fun. Nothing on factions is ungetatable. Other factions can raid your base with TNT cannons. Now I can’t explain TNT cannons all in one post, ill do that in a different forum post, but they are huge tools that are the only way to get through a well designed base. You can use these cannons to raid other people.

So here is a quick summary of what I just said. You make a base, get spawners, defend your base. Raid other people to steal their value. Achieve FTOP 1

RozaThePanda

MVP+
MVP+
RozaThePanda
RozaThePanda
MVP+
Ratings
160 7
The only way I can explain it is chaos.

I've tried dipping my toes into factions and it always spooks me away with everything that goes on and all the fancy terms, bases and commands.

It's completely foreign to me. Pretty much survival but with raiding, fighting and A LOT MORE competitiveness.

Ratings
Hmmmmm, I am a huge factions player and I would describe it has kinda like a "clan" that you create and you try to make the best base. You need be gain value from spawners and destroying other people bases. The goal is to have the most value and the in of the season.

Last edited: