Rejected I Am Noob - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am RoboTechnal and collectively after 10 hours, my friend (TheDestroyer3000) and I created this parkour course. It is based on a noob's journey through a minecraft world searching for coal, as the noob doesn't know whats valuable or not.

plot warp is /plot teleport RoboTechnal
ID: -103;24

Difficulty: Medium
# of jumps: 86

Attachments

Sean

VIP
gligew
gligew
VIP
Ratings
Parkour - As far as the parkour goes, it seems decently repetitive, but you did use a lot of different jumps so 2.5/5.
Build - Uh I’m a pretty bad builder and I honestly don’t know what you were going for here so i guess 3/5.
Theme - This theme is extremely overused, the theme of Minecraft progression is used wya too much, so 1/5. please look at this https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit as manacube currently has an overabundance in floating island parkour.
While I may not be a mapper or moderator I have 500+ hours on parkour lol.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey RoboTechnal,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: From my perspective, this map has a lot of themes (floating islands, adventure, and dungeon). Personally, I think that even though you combined them to form one map, it still doesn't make it very original. We've seen everything on this map before.
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. Disregarding its originality, it's just not a well-executed build. You have a bunch of plain tree islands, an ugly dirt floating dirt sign (even if the intention is kinda fun), and a very average mine/dungeon. It's just not original, focused, or attractive.
  • Parkour: Although the difficulty of the parkour fit the medium difficulty, it was way too long. We're looking at 40-60 jumps for a medium, so you're gonna have to cut back on a couple of jumps or buff the difficult if you'd prefer that. Personally, I think the parkour was pretty boring to do as you repeated a lot of jumps/blocks. The prime example of this being the dungeon portion of the map. It was a very repetitive maze full of a lot of stone jumps or cobble walls. I didn't enjoy it. You need to be more creative when making parkour.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.