Rejected I choose you! - Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username: Sherman8r
Name: I choose you!
Warp: /plot visit Sherman8r 1
Difficulty: Hard? (Not a good judge sorry)
# of jumps: Depends, It has 3 branches, the largest # of jumps is the Squirtle branch with ~70 jumps
Other stuff: Lemme know how I can make it better, and if you like it, Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
Build = shit aka pixel art is rarely excepted anymore. Also theme is bad

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
4 hours hmm lemme just look up how to buils a pokwmon pixel art online and build one. Well the thing is i really cant cause the theme is unoriginal and thats not mean if its true. You can find the pk list with theme if you click parkour and it shoud be the first one to show up highlighted blue.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
Forgot to mention parkour is also reptitive.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
Are you insane? I CAN TELL BY THE IMAGES LMFAO

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
Well I'd say that the builds look very nice and neat. They look very accurate to what you are looking for, but sadly it is pixel art, which Manacube does not accept as main builds for maps anymore. Also, the theme Pokemon is quite unoriginal. I think Noah could have been a bit nicer and not say a build is SHIT without giving good advice on how to improve. You could definitely improve in builds for the maps if you try more! For the parkour it is a little bit repetitive as most of the jumps are just solid block jumps and ladder jumps. Try adding more block variations in parkour like enchantment tables, brewing stands, chests and et cetera. Looking at existing maps are a good example. I hope that this message as well as the messages Noah posted above don't make you lose confidence in yourself, and I think that you should definitely try and build more in the future! Good luck @Sherman8r

Ratings
Well I'd say that the builds look very nice and neat. They look very accurate to what you are looking for, but sadly it is pixel art, which Manacube does not accept as main builds for maps anymore. Also, the theme Pokemon is quite unoriginal. I think Noah could have been a bit nicer and not say a build is SHIT without giving good advice on how to improve. You could definitely improve in builds for the maps if you try more! For the parkour it is a little bit repetitive as most of the jumps are just solid block jumps and ladder jumps. Try adding more block variations in parkour like enchantment tables, brewing stands, chests and et cetera. Looking at existing maps are a good example. I hope that this message as well as the messages Noah posted above don't make you lose confidence in yourself, and I think that you should definitely try and build more in the future! Good luck @Sherman8r
Thank you so much, This is very helpful! I'm actually already started on a new map right now, and I'll try to incorporate these ideas into it!

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
Come on dude, i come into ur streams from time to time and ur a lot nicer than this. Is this necessary?
Please keep my streams out of this.

RaddyRyann

MVP
zyxwvutsrqponmlk
zyxwvutsrqponmlk
MVP
Ratings
15 1
Please keep my streams out of this.
I just wanna know why you thought it was okay to completely trash his work. Atleast give some criticism. I've seen you write really good reviews on other submissions and here u just didn't even bother. And also why did you dislike one of my posts after I gave someone ACTUAL advice? Seems like you have a problem with me.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
4 hours hmm lemme just look up how to buils a pokwmon pixel art online and build one. Well the thing is i really cant cause the theme is unoriginal and thats not mean if its true. You can find the pk list with theme if you click parkour and it shoud be the first one to show up highlighted blue.
Not necessary. If your going to give your opinion at all, don't be an ass about it.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
If you would like to argue with me about this,please make a conversation with me on the forums.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello to everyone who has been involved in this thread,

As much as I love the involvement of people giving feedback on the forums, the other map judges and myself would appreciate it if you could keep all feedback constructive. Noah has already been issued a warning point for his initial comments. I really would not like to see this devolve any further as the thread will be locked after this post, so please take any further non-constructive feedback into a conversation on the forums or Discord.
We are a community, I love seeing others provide feedback and support for each other on submissions, but if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, please keep it out of threads in the future.

Now for the judging!

Hi Sherman,

I'm sorry to inform you this map is being rejected. Unfortunately, we have many, many Pokemon maps already on ManaCube. Please check the Parkour List here to see if your theme is original. While the pixel art is accurate and well done, we no longer accept pixel art as a main build. While the poke balls are 3D, they are simple spheres opened up. There are also multiple builds. Try to limit the build to one or two main structures to avoid the map looking messy.

As far as the parkour, the vast majority of it is floating between the pixel art and poke balls. In the future, try to keep the majority of the parkour to on, around, and inside of a singular main build. The parkour is also not varied much. You had a good start in varying the parkour in using ice, fences, panes, ladders, slimes, and normal blocks, but the real issue with the parkour is that these jumps aren't mixed at all (as in, the map shouldn't have any sections that can be identified by jump, such as the ice section or the ladder section). Try to use many different kinds of blocks and vary the order in which the come in to create a unique and interesting course. You can see examples of this at /warp beta on the server, or in the Accepted maps section on the forums.

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any further questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord. Hope to see more maps from you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.