I need Skywars tips.

Ratings
Hey, I'm pretty bad in Skywars, I need some help, please send me some tips in the comments.
I'm not sure if there's just tryhards or I'm just that bad...

PrestonTheSlime

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
97 13
If you tell me the kit you like to use or the kits you have I can use them for a bit and get you some suggestions asap :D

xXWindows10Xx

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
149 7
Hello, I'm one of the GOOD players on skywars ( 3rd person to get skyknight, skyking and skymaster in skywars 2.0 ) and I'm not playing a lot due to school, but feel free to ask me ANY QUESTIONS to ask related to skywars!!!! :) Cheers!

xXWindows10Xx

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
149 7
Tip 1. quickly get important items such as (items will vary)
-Food
-Potions
-Bow
-Arrows
-Armour
-Sword
-Axe
-Pick axe
-Enderpearls
-Golden Apples
Quickly get these stuff and exlcude the non important stuff. They waste time to get and junks the inventory up.
BEING VERY QUICK IN INVENTORY SORTING / RAIDING CHESTS IS IMPORTANT AND CRUCIAL!!!!!!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1445899457][/DOUBLEPOST]Tip 2. Know your strengths and weaknesses and kits.
*nothing to say here*
[DOUBLEPOST=1445899658,1445899330][/DOUBLEPOST]Best kits in Skywars...
1. Enderman. Includes free e-pearl to get easy kills and used in emergency situations. Flaw in OP chests since it includes it
2. Tank. Inculdes 4 extra hearts every game, and a Golden Apple. Useful in any situation.
3.Sniper, Includes a bow with 16 arrows. Useful in Beggining of every game in small maps and easily rushes players. Flaw in Op chests

Worst Kits.
1. Drugs, UNUSEFUL *nothing to say here*
2. Carpenter.
3. Armor kit

PrestonTheSlime

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
97 13
I actually find the Drugs kit useful in some games (preferably OP chests) due to its haste effect if you can get over the nausea.

xXWindows10Xx

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
149 7
I actually find the Drugs kit useful in some games (preferably OP chests) due to its haste effect if you can get over the nausea.
Hmm...I never thought about that XD but does haste just make mining stuff quicker? or does it make more effecttive kills quickly because of the haste effect? Sometimes I'm a noob at Minecraft trivia... :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1445992629][/DOUBLEPOST]Also Skywars includes kitpvp type of battle sometimes, so heres a video with kitpvp tips :)
( I got a lot of pvp skills from this video BTW! and so did sjc776 if you ever know this AMAZING skywars player! )

[DOUBLEPOST=1445992700][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hmm...I never thought about that XD but does haste just make mining stuff quicker? or does it make more effecttive kills quickly because of the haste effect? Sometimes I'm a noob at Minecraft trivia... :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1445992629][/DOUBLEPOST]Also Skywars includes kitpvp type of battle sometimes, so heres a video with kitpvp tips :)
( I got a lot of pvp skills from this video BTW! and so did sjc776 if you ever know this AMAZING skywars player! )

Also I know this is MC survival games, but keep watching for nice hints for pvp! :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1445992877,1445992448][/DOUBLEPOST]-TIPS/TRICKS-

-"INVENTORY MANAGEMENT" Once I spawn in I normally (regardless of the map) go straight to the nearest chest, the first 60 seconds of a game are the most important so don't waste this time. As you may know, when you shift-click items from a chest into your hot-bar the items will start from the right and go left as you click more in, this heavily effects how I start my game. On an average game I open one chest and begin shift-clicking items into my hot-bar as fast as I can. After checking out both chests my inventory and hot-bar are sorted so that I know what buttons I need to press at all times. In an average game my sorted hot-bar will look like this: (SLOT 1=Weapon) (SLOT 2=Snowballs/Eggs) (SLOT 3=Fishing Pole until I chose to get a Pickaxe) (SLOT 4/5=Wood/Stone) (SLOT 6/7=Lava/Water, in bucket form if I gather materials) (SLOT 8/9=Food/Golden Apples).

-"TAKE YOUR TIME" This is just as important as being quick, I find it very useful to take the contents of my chests and then go into my personal mine and get a couple of buckets or an iron pick to collect the diamonds. Bucket(s) are without-a-doubt the most underrated item in skywars. I have won a lot of 1v1s, 1v2s, or the occasional 1v3 because I had a bucket and I kept stealing the enemy's water/lava source block when they tried to use it against me.

-"DON'T BE AFRAID" The last main tip I have for right now is to not back down or be scared of a challenge, who care's if they are teaming, make a bucket of lava and rush 'em. Don't be afraid to take a risky jump to another island, it is only a game and dying isn't really a big deal because you can instantly get right back into a game.

-STRATEGIES-

-"THE RUSH STRAT" A very commonly used "strat" that involves rushing over to the nearest island and just dominate the game.
This is a fun way of playing the game and makes for good way of getting quick wins and money. This strategy also often involves rushing to the cornucopia if you don't spawn with good items.
Pros: Really effective against newer players and is a quick way to earn cash to be used in the store.
Cons: Gets boring if over-used, doesn't work as well against players that see it coming and have fishing rods, bows, or snowballs.

Counter: Grab the eggs or snowballs from chests and shut the rusher down, you could also use a fishing rod.

-"THE MINER STRAT" A interesting way of playing the game that is mainly used by newer players who are used to survival and grinding away for minerals. Another fun way to play the game if you get bored of common rush tactics or aren't doing to well using other strategy's. This strategy also involves checking you're back often for sneak attacks.
Pros: It works well on the original map because of that map having natural coal deposits on the islands.
Cons: You will be crushed by blood thirsty rushers when you least suspect it.

Counter: Rush. Just rush when they least expect it (when they open they're furnace or start crafting) you will want to get to them before they have time to smelt, mine, and craft then you get they're iron and materials.

-"THE RICH-MAN STRAT" A boring and repetitive way to play the game. This strategy involves buying a lot of OP-ish items from the shop like Enderpearls, Arrows, Diamond Chestplate, and God Apples. Overall a n00b-ish strategy used by donors and people who only care about winning and not improving.
Pros: You'll win nearly every game if you have somewhat decent PvPing abilities.
Cons: You lose money. Fast. You also won't improve as a skywars player.

Counter: Use lava to your advantage, if they use a god apple buy some tnt and blow that sucker up! When they enderpearl to you they are invincible to damage (and so are you) so you can try to trap 'em with lava or jump in your mine and use it against them.

-"THE TRAP/DEMOLITIONIST STRAT" One of my favorites. This strategy is done by setting up fun and unique traps commonly using TNT (bought from shop) and pressure plates. You can also try to trap you're enemy, possibly in a hole, then smack them or pour lava on them while they can't fight back.
Pros: Ultra-Fun. Always has new capabilities and can be effective if played the right way.
Cons: Doesn't always work right. Sometimes backfires. Costs a little cash. Requires time to set up which you don't always have. Lastly, it really only works once, once you blow someone up they will probably not forget it and won't fall for it again.

Counter: Be careful around people waiting in they're mine as they might have a trap (or be mining). Also try to poor water in on them because if there is a pressure plate it will stop the flow.

-"THE TOWER STRAT" Along with the "Rich-man Strat" it's one of the most hated strategies you can use in skywars. It involves towering straight up and once you hit the block limit you normally make a platform so you can't be knocked off, and you force the enemy to come to you. It also commonly involves pouring lava off you're tower so that the enemy can't come from under you.
Pros: Possibly effective when you are against the last person.
Cons: You will be cursed at for being a n00b. You delay the round forever if the opponent doesn't want to tower up to you.

Counter: If the towerer doesn't have walls to stop them from falling you can use projectiles to knock them off, you could also watch for them before they tower and while they are towering you can knock them off.

-"THE LAVA STRAT" Another personal favorite. This strategy is the perfect mix of luck and stupidity. The basics involve collecting all you're lava from the chests, then bridging to other islands and killing enemies by getting placing lava on them then beating them with your fist.
Pros: Super-Ultra-Mega-Fun. Kills are really satisfying. You're burning people with lava, that's definitely a plus.
Cons: Occasionally kill yourself. Run out of lava fast. If enemies are watching you, it won't work.

Counter: Mine iron and craft a bucket so you can pick up the other players lava or you can fill that bucket with water and crush their hopes and dreams.

-"THE ULTRA STRAT" This strategy is just taking everything you just read and mashing it together (excluding rich-man strat). This is really just playing dynamically and choosing what you do depending on the situation you are in, when you start you might rush to the closest island then mine up their resources, after that you could lay down a trap and tower up then bridge over to cornucopia where you pick up the lava in the chests and end the game with the lava strat.
Pros: Works in near all situations. Combines the fun of each strategy.
Cons: Almost none. Each down-side of a previous strategy is all being countered by a positive part of a different strategy.

Counter: Play similar to them and level the playing field. If they tower, you tower. If they craft buckets, then you craft buckets. If they jump off a bridge, you jump off a bri.... oh wait... XD

blu

Ratings
7 1
Keep voting till you get the enderman kit (it might be very very hard) and you can teleport to an island to get an easy kill or teloport to mid

xXWindows10Xx

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
149 7
Keep voting till you get the enderman kit (it might be very very hard) and you can teleport to an island to get an easy kill or teloport to mid
I know that as I fact since I have it myself, but it is ONLY A KIT Not a tip nor a stratigies, it just helps your ABILITY to play. Practice and discovering new tips and strats will take time, BUT WILL BE USEFUL than KITS.

blu

Ratings
7 1
Here's a tip. Dont die. :D
XD WOW
[DOUBLEPOST=1448432586][/DOUBLEPOST]try using height to your advantage you don't take fall damage so it helps with suprise attacking your opponent from the sky

xXWindows10Xx

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
149 7
XD WOW
[DOUBLEPOST=1448432586][/DOUBLEPOST]try using height to your advantage you don't take fall damage so it helps with suprise attacking your opponent from the sky
Skybridging helps, but be aware of getting sniped and falling and being called a camper XD
It helps to sneak attack your opponent sometimes as a tip
[DOUBLEPOST=1448455722][/DOUBLEPOST]Another tip is to hold the "shift" key when PVP'ing so it decreases KB from your opponent