I recreated the spawn parkour (Devlog)

Slohth

VIP
Slohth
Slohth
VIP
Ratings
46 1
Oh one thing that I thought of that the manacube spawn parkour has. For the spawn parkour, the blocks only spawn in front of you. This probably is something really simple but I am curious how you would implement that.
Not all the time, I do remember blocks going in all directions - I think that manacube has a very long set route and spawns players randomly on the route, but I could be completely wrong.
If all the jumps were to go in one direction, we would have to check where the player is looking, and spawn blocks based of that, changing the relative x and z positions.
Essentially, we would just be rotating the jump 90 degrees n times, and I will have to make a method to calculate the new jump afterwards. It's just turning positive values to negative, and switching x/z distances, so it's not overly complex.

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Thats really cool! Wow!

I have an idea: what about...varied parkour jumps o:

Slohth

VIP
Slohth
Slohth
VIP
Ratings
46 1
I'm currently working on more updates, based on the suggestions that people have left on this thread.
A second devlog will be posted soon, going into even more detail for those who really enthuse about this kind of stuff.

A list of changes I have planned:
  • Add effects to players to allow more variation in distance and height
  • Add more variation in jumps, (ladders, fences, ice, slabs, etc.)
  • Store highscores in an external database (MongoDB OR MySQL)
  • Allow players to choose the block based on their highscore (like here on ManaCube)
I will add a link to this post when it's out, stay tuned.