Ideas to help fix the filtering

Dnho

Ratings
38 2
1. Do what Roblox did, and make the filtering remove spaces and punctuation so fr.ick and fri ck censor too
2. Make it so the f word isn't censored to players with over 50 hours. This way players who are just trying to quickly get muted can't use it, while players who use it casually can.
3. Add a reverse to the filter, where if it detects larger words it doesn't censor the original swear. This would fix minigames and cucumber.
4. (on Creative) remove censoring in private chat. If you have a problem with dms, ignore the person.

tinyScorpio13

ELITE
tinyScorpio13
tinyScorpio13
ELITE
Ratings
32 2
I understand your intentions with this, but Dacon and the staff members have much more important matters to deal with. The chat censor isn't broken. Yes, it can be improved upon, but it's the least of the staff's worries. Also, for "2. Make it so the f word isn't censored to players with over 50 hours. This way players who are just trying to quickly get muted can't use it, while players who use it casually can." is unrealistic. Allowing active players to evade the chat censor completely defeats the censor's purpose. Little kids play Manacube too! Different people have different reactions to swears, so it's better to avoid triggering a negative reaction.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
As tiny mentioned, your second suggestion defeats the filter's purpose and it might as well not be there.
What I'm trying to point out is '4. (on Creative) remove censoring in private chat. If you have a problem with dms, ignore the person.'
Firstly, if you would like to use swear words or words that are filtered, there is always /fmsg (friend message) which isn't filtered. Secondaly, if PMs were not to be censored, you may get sent hate speech messages and curse words. Yes, you are able to /ignore them, but it's better if they can't send you swear words and hate speech in the first place. (some people may have a bad trigger like tiny mentioned)
The other suggestions are good, many players that get muted use a space in-between letters to avoid the filter, hence, the mute. It would be much better if players couldn't avoid the filter in this way.

Best wishes
-kxe

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I understand your intentions with this, but Dacon and the staff members have much more important matters to deal with. The chat censor isn't broken. Yes, it can be improved upon, but it's the least of the staff's worries. Also, for "2. Make it so the f word isn't censored to players with over 50 hours. This way players who are just trying to quickly get muted can't use it, while players who use it casually can." is unrealistic. Allowing active players to evade the chat censor completely defeats the censor's purpose. Little kids play Manacube too! Different people have different reactions to swears, so it's better to avoid triggering a negative reaction.
I agree with what you said about OP's 2nd suggestion, but the chat filter is broken.

B0OG

ELITE
B0OG
B0OG
ELITE
Ratings
45 2
No matter what changes are made to the filter, there will always be a way to evade it. It’s just easier to have active staff and players to report people that break the rules.

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
I have mixed opinions on every above comment. The chat filter being fixed, especially with suggestion 3, would be so nice to have, and although it may not be a top priority, that does not mean we should brush off the idea of fixing the chat filter all together. It'd be nice for it to be fixed, but removing dms censors would be complicated and, like was said before, would allow players to message hatespeech to one another. Although, it'd definitely be nice for suggestion 1 and 3, filtering the spaces and symbols, and reversing the censor for longer words, would be nice. And yes, the filter is in fact broken. There are words that shouldn't be bypassable and words that shouldn't be censored at all.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Everyone saying we shouldn't suggest things because they're not the top most important priority

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
Everyone saying we shouldn't suggest things because they're not the top most important priority
Exactly the problem I have with this thread. Just because it's not top priority, not one of the game-breaking bugs, doesn't mean it's a feature you can't suggest! The server is always looking for ways to improve, and while it may not be number one on the list of adding, it can still get on the list and be added at all. Would be nice to have, as well.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
My question is what words are even blacklisted? Is the r word censored? Because THAT is my trigger word. I find it hard to listen to ppl who use it excessively and just in general, I usually keep my mouth shut but it doesn't feel nice when ppl use it.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
My question is what words are even blacklisted? Is the r word censored? Because THAT is my trigger word. I find it hard to listen to ppl who use it excessively and just in general, I usually keep my mouth shut but it doesn't feel nice when ppl use it.
Yes, it is censored.