If you're a ranked player (MVP, VIP, etc.) do you get a "free pass" to all the rules?

Ratings
17 21
What I meant by "free pass" in the title means whether or not you actually get muted, warned or punished in general after breaking one of the rules, and in my case, the bypassing filter rule.

So, today a MVP player bypassed the chat filter and said a swear word; I decided to do the same as a test to see what would happen. There was a Mod active on the server at the time (Parkour) and didn't warn us about bypassing the filter. However, I was muted whereas the MVP player was let go with neither a warning nor a mute. The fact that I'm not a ranked player (no MVP, VIP, etc.) who got punished whereas a ranked player didn't for the exact same rule that we both broke at the same time is what entices me to ask this question. (refer to title)

I'm genuinely curious, because if I do happen to purchase a rank would I not be muted anymore? That sounds extremely appealing because I do happen to get muted quite a lot of times, but also extremely unfair to the rest of the players that won't purchase a rank. If this whole maneuver was a result of me being muted a couple of times before, then that's also reason to believe that some of the Mods are biased; the rule should apply to everyone, regardless of history or rank.

Is this entire maneuver an extremely advanced advertising scheme to convince me to buy a rank?
Are the moderators biased when it comes to who breaks the rules?
and the final question, (refer to title)

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Any sort of player ranked or unranked is treated exactly the same as non-ranked players on ManaCube, usually, I would just call it a coincidence because sometimes things like these happen when mods only see one person do it and the other person gets away. If you see someone break the rules report it providing evidence such as a screenshot and I guarantee you they will be treated the same way punishment-wise.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Of course not! Everyone get's punished the same!

Ratings
yep, ive seen people get away with stuff, but usually mods arent on when it happens. A lot of mods are chill abt swearing and stuff, usually just asking u to stop. Depends on server and mod to be honest with you, but to answer your question: no, theres not a "ban evasion" or whatever for donating