thunderbrian
thunderbrian
ELITE
Ratings
username: thunderbrian
map name: Igloo
/plot visit thunderbrian 2 or /plot home thunderbrian 2
difficulty: Easy

this is a Winter themed map, with a igloo as the main attraction, a lot of easy jumps so newbie wont rage
2020-09-20_11.19.37.png
2020-09-20_11.19.24.png
2020-09-20_11.42.01.png
2020-09-20_11.42.09.png

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
Heyo! Super glad to see a new map submitted! Here are my thoughts;

THEME:
The theme seems to be unique, as we don't have any igloo themed maps.
BUILD:
The build is made very well! The block variation is good and there is a fair amount of detail put in. Some of the outside parkour can blend in when looking from spawn, which can be positive for the builds look but a negative for those who think there's less parkour. Personally, I would've built the end into the igloo's roof, but the way you've done it is still appealing.
PARKOUR:
The parkour is pretty easy, but there are too many jumps. Either make some jumps harder and make the map a medium or get rid of some unnecessary jumps. Otherwise, the parkour is enjoyable and fits the difficulty well.

Overall, I think that this map is well made and clearly has had effort put into it. I wish you the best of luck!

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
Since it hasn't been reviewed yet, just reply to the original post and include images of what you've changed. Good luck!

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello thunderbrian! Unfortunately, I will be rejecting your map.

The parkour is good in terms of length/difficulty, but a lot is floating or messy and it can get a bit repetitive at times.

The build is fairly well-done; it clearly fits the theme and has good shaping and block variation. It's a bit bland and unnaturally symmetrical, though.

The theme isn't especially original, as we have many other winter/snow themed maps that include igloos or similar builds.

Thank you for submitting, and feel free to resubmit if you adjust the map in the future! We hope to see more maps from you. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me on Discord at MCBYT#2023.​

Status
Not open for further replies.