2020-07-14_16.20.26.png
    2020-07-14_16.20.42.png
    2020-07-14_16.20.53.png
    2020-07-14_16.21.00.png
    2020-07-14_16.21.55.png
    ikea.jpg
  • Plot ID: 101;7
  • Medium
  • This map is based on the furniture store Ikea and is my first map. Feedback is greatly appreciatied.

Kubikit

MVP
Kubikit
Kubikit
MVP
Ratings
oof

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
oof

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey EnderCraft357,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission. I must also mention that I could not find a starting area for your map, which you must add. I hope I started the PK where I was supposed to (the bathroom part?).
  • Theme: As we have no Ikea-themed maps currently on our server, this is most definitely an originally themed map submission. Good job!
  • Build: Personally, I think the build needs a bit of work. The exterior feels lacking in attention, it's just a big square like any other (IKEA's are more than just that on the outside). Furthermore, there's no roof (it's just a glass ceiling) and the parking seems like an afterthought (it doesn't look like an actual parking, it's very poorly executed). What I'm also trying to say is to make it more apparent it's an IKEA so that the player knows what it is before reading the big IKEA on it. Regarding the interior, I found it to be very generic and mediocre. It's not awful, but I've seen it before. I wish you'd detail and differentiate each area better. So, as you can see, it has its fair share of areas where it has to improve.
  • Parkour: The parkour was confusing to start, to say the least. As I mentioned, I started from the bathroom ladders and went from there. It does not fit the medium difficulty lengthwise or difficulty wise as it was rather easy and short. I recommend buffing the map or switching it to the easy difficulty. It was rather varied throughout but at times it felt repetitive (the fence part and ending segment). It was also very exploitable, you must address that.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.