BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
  • Username: BDOsborne
  • Map name: Infected Desert; /plot v BDOsborne 1
  • Difficulty: Insane
  • Number of jumps: 300
Hi, not to sure what constitutes a champion map, i assume they are just bigger than normal maps, but i believe that my map has potential to fit into this category perhaps due to its size. Since it is insane most of the time it could be one of the hardest Champ maps. Im new here, only a week old, so dont tear me to shreds lol. The build isn't that good imo for me but i find it hard to build more features in a map without crowding it in the plot. The start of the map is up high fyi. Hopefully you guys like the parkour at least.

Attachments

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Hey, I have some bad news as this is one of the best builds I've seen on the server in quite a while.

First of all, this won't be a champ. Champ maps usually have multiple builds around this size, and don't have complex jumps like Insanes.

In terms of this actually being an Insane, unfortunately it is much too long for Insane (150 is the limit, basically). I hope you can put your building skills to good use in future builds.

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
Hey, I have some bad news as this is one of the best builds I've seen on the server in quite a while.

First of all, this won't be a champ. Champ maps usually have multiple builds around this size, and don't have complex jumps like Insanes.

In terms of this actually being an Insane, unfortunately it is much too long for Insane (150 is the limit, basically). I hope you can put your building skills to good use in future builds.
Thx, i knew this would be the case hahahha. the parkour is actually split into two 150 long bits, the outside course and the inside course. is it possible to have to courses on one map?

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Thx, i knew this would be the case hahahha. the parkour is actually split into two 150 long bits, the outside course and the inside course. is it possible to have to courses on one map?
That would be radical. You never really know, but it seems unlikely.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Any suggestions on which section to keep if i do have to remove one?
If anything I'd keep the inside course, since the outside one sort of distracts from the build. Good luck with this

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
this map looks bloody amazing. Best of luck!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey BDOsborne,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission. But, please send me a discord dm at Pat#8000 or start a convo on the forums with me so we can talk about how we can get this map in an acceptable state. I don't want to let it go to waste!
  • Theme: Although we already have a Volcano-themed map, this is one of the few instances where the build really excuses the similarity in theme (as this map is on a completely level than BabyVolcano).
  • Build: Personally, I think the build is fantastic. It's incredibly clear how much effort you put into this map. The build itself feels like it has some life to it, creating this sort of feel that you're witnessing an erupting volcano. The only downside is all of the floating parkour surrounding it, it really does hinder it's look by quite a lot. But it's something that can definitely be dealt with, it's not a make or break issue.
  • Parkour: The parkour is too long and difficult for our insane difficulty. And, our champion maps tend to be very long but on the easier side of things, so this wouldn't fit it in that difficulty either (also because of the build). If the parkour was shortened to 150-200 jumps and nerfed, we could make something work. Also, it was incredibly varied, proving to be rich in a wide array of jumps and blocks.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration if you decide to resubmit your map in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.