Rejected **INSANE MAP** - Floating Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I made my very first map, which im very proud of. Its called Floating Islands. The parkour contains roughly 146 jumps in total. It has one 180 jump, 1 slime block jump, ice block jump, glass pane jumps (which aren't singular), ladder jumps and fence jumps (with carpets). Ingame username MaxYagon /plot v MaxYagon. ID -99:44
2020-06-25_19.03.33.png

JJ (_ThatGuyJJ_)

Dedicated Member
MVP
5p1eef
5p1eef
MVP
Ratings
47 6
Hello Max, before I say anything please note that what I say has no impact on the verdict reached by a judge.
BUILD: the theme of floating islands is highly overused and I recommend you check out https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/mobilebasic to see all of the map themes.
PARKOUR: The parkour on your map is the right length for insane but, I feel not quite hard enough. The parkour is also quite repetitive. Try using water, flower pots, lava, soulsand, heads, etc in your parkour more, lastly, there is a lot of floating parkour. This is generally not something you should be doing as it is not acceptable for the most part.

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
Hey there o/
Unfortunately, I haven't tried out your map yet but judging from the screenshots you have provided us with, I will have to agree with JumbledJ regarding your theme. There are many floating island maps which therefore means this has a low chance of getting accepted. In my opinion, having an original theme is as vital as the parkour. Next time make sure your theme is original! (If you have trouble finding an original theme, you can do something out of a movie ;))

Good luck with your submission

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello MaxYagon! Unfortunately, I will be rejecting your map.

The parkour fits Insane in length, but it's far too easy (the jumps are more suited to a medium map). It's also mostly floating, which detracts from the build, somewhat repetitive as your jumps are kept to sections (if you mixed the ice/ladder/fence/block jumps around, it would be much better), and very confusing (I tried 4 different paths, and all of them led to a dead end or an earlier section of parkour; I have no idea how to actually complete the map.)

The build is rather plain, and looks quite awkward with floating grass, no floors, and midair waterfalls.

The theme is not original, as floating island maps are one of our most common map types. Make sure to check the parkour list to see if your theme has been done before :)

Thank you for submitting! We hope to see more maps from you in the future. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me on Discord at MCBYT#2023.​

Status
Not open for further replies.