Rejected Insane Parkour Map Submission - Point of No Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyheart

YouTuber
YouTuber
Ratings
45 11
I have made a parkour map of insane difficulty (In my opinion) on the Minevast Creative server. It is called Point of No Return, and you can get to it by doing /warp NoReturn (Warp was set by James_Dominate). The username of the builder is happyheart (me), and the map has 126 jumps with 8 checkpoints. I have used some worldEdit to create this map.
Here are some screenshots.
2015-04-24_20.06.28.png
2015-04-24_20.06.41.png
2015-04-24_20.07.02.png
2015-04-24_20.10.15.png
2015-04-24_20.10.28.png
2015-04-24_20.06.52.png

EDIT: I am currently making other maps underneath this one. Don't confuse them.
EDIT2: I forgot to note that the name of this map is inspired by the Phantom of the Opera's piece, the Point of No Return.
<-- That is not my video. The parkour map has nothing to do with the Phantom of the Opera, the maps are only named after it because I like the song and I think the name fits well.

Last edited:
Really? I thought that the map's weak point was that it lacked a theme.
I think your right. It does lack in theme, but I believe its a great map that would be great for the insane section. I think it would fit right in with all the other insane courses. Its very challenging, but also has a fun aspect to it then just being really hard.

ham562

Mod | Map Judge
Retired
Ratings
160 5
Thanks for Submitting!

Your Map Has Passed all Pre-Criteria and is ready to be REVIEWED!

Good Luck!

-Ham

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
Sadly your course has been REJECTED!

Some of the issues we had with the course that prevented it from being accepted were -

• Some jumps are too difficult, even for insane. For example, the majority of the jumps in the enclosed obsidian rooms can get too tough, and while the difficulty is noted, it needs to be toned down somewhat, as it gives the course an "unfair" feel, as opposed to a challenging feel.
  • Your course is built alongside other courses on your plot. As we cannot interconnect two parkour courses, as you wanted, it makes it tough for us to schematic the course to transfer it without making errors.
  • The course feels too long. While we respect that you are keeping to the guidelines for jumps, due to the intense level of difficulty, it makes the course seem that much longer, and makes is harder to keep attention.
  • There is no real theme to the course. The two block variations of Cobblestone and Obsidian can be rather grating. All other insane courses have a specific theme of interest, which this course does not have.
We respect that you uploaded and created this course, and while it has been rejected today, you can always try again, or re-design the course. Thank you for submitting your map though.

~Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.