2020-08-02_19.44.05.png
2020-08-02_19.44.10.png
2020-08-02_19.44.19.png
2020-08-02_19.44.26.png
2020-08-02_19.44.31.png
2020-08-02_19.44.39.png

The # of your Plot / or warp name to it: /plot warp Owen_Boys 1
Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane): Easy/Medium

This Parkour Map is my first attempt. It contains many different types of jumps and uses ladders, fences, and Slime Blocks to add challenges and make the experience enjoyable. It is simple and short, but has different aspects to challenge the player.

DingusRice

MVP+
DingusRice
DingusRice
MVP+
Ratings
To add to what xInitial said, the parkour itself is very bland and mostly consisting of block jumps. I see that this is your first submission for a map and nearly everyone makes these mistakes on their first map. I see great potential for you being a future builder so here is my advice. For the parkour try testing out new blocks like heads, brewing stands, etc. Doing this adds variety to the map and makes the map more fun for players. Another thing about the parkour is to try and incorporate more of the jumps into the build itself instead of having floating blocks from island to island, doing this allows players to feel like they aren't just doing any parkour map but instead allows them to truly experience the build and the theme of it. If you need references or ideas for types of jumps or blocks to use in your parkour I recommend playing later page maps any difficulty you desire and see what unique blocks and or jumps they use in their map. When a map is getting reviewed judges are looking for originality and for a specific theme. It is true as xInitial said that floating island maps are no longer accepted; however, making a unique theme that combines floating islands with a theme of your choice definitely has more potential for creativity and originality. To know if your build is original or not it's best to look at the Parkour Map List Google Document, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit. As for your build itself I think you did a good job on your map which is why I believe you have potential for being a great map builder. That's all I have to say but I really hope to see more maps from you and excited to see what you are capable of doing!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Owen_Boys,

I am closing this submission as you only have one plot, and this map is not on there.

Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.