Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello you all!

I am here to give you my review of the map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge, and that my opinion does not affect whether this map gets accepted or rejected. That being said, if the Map Judges disagree with my opinions, they will go by what they think.

Firstly the THEME of your map. Unfortunately, your theme is unoriginal, since there is already a map accepted with the same theme (Jaws) This map does look noticably different however, and it might be original enough to pass this issue with some luck. (As long as the name is changed)

Secondly the BUILD of your map. It looks really nice in my opinion, good job! There's lots of nice details on the exterior, my only personal flaw is that the shark is a little slim. Not sure if it's like that in the movie. Great build overall!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. To me, it was pretty fun to play. However, there are some issues that need to be addressed before this map can be accepted or have a chance at it. That being, that the first half of the map is extremely repetitive, with barely any variation in the jumps. It got boring pretty quickly, so try to spice up the first half of the gameplay. The second half was good, different and nice! There's also the issue, that this map is too difficult to be a Medium map. The difficulty is a little unbalanced in the map overall, but most of the time it fit a Hard map much more than a Medium map. The map length is good for a Medium map, but it also passes as a Hard map, in case you want to change the difficulty, and there is a good amount of checkpoints.

Right now, I'm giving this map a 0. I'm not sure how bad the issue is with the theme being unoriginal, but I believe this map has potential! :)

Good luck!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello FeelMyAussiePing, AttenBrad, and MustafaGaming,

I am sorry to tell you this map is being rejected. The theme is unoriginal, as we already have a Jaws map. Even though this map looks pretty different, There are many oceanscape maps already on the server. I would recommend checking the Parkour List before you start building to make sure you have an original theme. The build is great despite the theme, there are lots of details on that I really enjoyed looking at! Good work.

The parkour is where the map falls short. As mentioned above, the map is really repetitive, especially in the first half. Because of this, the difficulty is pretty unbalanced, where the first part of the map better fits an easy map, while the second half is more of a hard map as mentioned above as well.

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.