Not open for further replies.

dynohugz

VIP
dynohugz
dynohugz
VIP
Ratings
16 1
The first thing you're probably thinking is 'There already is a trumpet theme', so I'll address that first. The other trumpet map is fairly outdated and the build pretty basic, and I personally think its time for an update don't you? The difficulty difference is also very stark, with the original being Easy and this one being Insane.
Second main thing you're most likely thinking, 'A butterfly neo?!', however, as there is a checkpoint solely for that jump at the end of the course, it is placed in such a way that it is easy to get good co-ords, and this map is built to challenge people so that's its intention (please don't reject the build because of one semi hard jump).

Builders: dynohugz, GoldBlocks
Map Name: Jumpin' Jazz (listen to that name, its perfect)
Jumps: 91 (might be a little shorter than expected however it feels like there's more when you're doing it!)
Checkpoints: 6
Difficulty: Insane
Plot ID: 112;107 or /plot tp dynohugz 2

Attachments

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
962 435
The first thing you're probably thinking is 'There already is a trumpet theme', so I'll address that first. The other trumpet map is fairly outdated and the build pretty basic, and I personally think its time for an update don't you? The difficulty difference is also very stark, with the original being Easy and this one being Insane.
Second main thing you're most likely thinking, 'A butterfly neo?!', however, as there is a checkpoint solely for that jump at the end of the course, it is placed in such a way that it is easy to get good co-ords, and this map is built to challenge people so that's its intention (please don't reject the build because of one semi hard jump).

Builders: dynohugz, GoldBlocks
Map Name: Jumpin' Jazz (listen to that name, its perfect)
Jumps: 91 (might be a little shorter than expected however it feels like there's more when you're doing it!)
Checkpoints: 6
Difficulty: Insane
Plot ID: 112;107 or /plot tp dynohugz 2
"pretty basic build"

I also think this build is just the trumpet map with a few extra details, you could have done someone holding a trumpet to make it look more attractive.

Yes the parkour is "outdated" on the trumpet map, but if you feel it's outdated and a few jumps could be nerfed/buffed, why not tell Shinx?

dynohugz

VIP
dynohugz
dynohugz
VIP
Ratings
16 1
"pretty basic build"

I also think this build is just the trumpet map with a few extra details, you could have done someone holding a trumpet to make it look more attractive.

Yes the parkour is "outdated" on the trumpet map, but if you feel it's outdated and a few jumps could be nerfed/buffed, why not tell Shinx?
I didnt mean outdated/ basic in a bad way, its a good map but its quite old and as the classic saying goes, 'out with the old and in with the new', theres no need for shinx to nerf or buff any jumps as its only an easy map and its already perfectly fine. I personally feel like adding a person playing the trumpet would take away the glory and spotlight that the trumpet deserves, its a truly sexy instrument.
But thanks for your feedback

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
This is an ongoing predicament for mappers wanting to improve the server but i believe any effort to redo a theme unless the build is quite spectacular will be rejected. in its current state i dont believe the build is spectacular enough to be accepted over the old one as noah quite rudely pointed out. perhaps one day in the far off future the admins and owner will get the stick out of their ass and put some effort into a comprehensive update which can fix all these issues but that day is sadly far off.

Anacoustic

Forum Expert
ELITE
Anacoustic
Anacoustic
ELITE
Ratings
163 2
Hi there dynohugz and GoldBlocks,

Im sorry to tell ya your map has been rejected.

The THEME of the map is very unoriginal, we have quite a few maps based around the trumpet.

The BUILD is lacking in detail and some areas could be improved. The bell for one is very small for a trumpet and there could be texture added to the actual build.

The PARKOUR is good for variation, fits the length but is inconsistent in jumps. Some jumps are too hard while others are too easy, so balancing out the parkour in that sense would elevate it.

Thank you for the submission, I hope to see more from you. Have a wonderful day !

-Ana

Status
Not open for further replies.