Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Seels3,

I'm not reviewing your map officially, this is merely my own opinion. The theme is not very original, as there are multiple maps that are jungled/tree-themed (such as Jungle, Jungle Hut, Jungle Bridge, etc). The build is not very attractive. It lacks a central focus, it's entirely floating, and it's incredibly simple. It's very important to work around a main idea and work around that, this is just hoping from dirt to dirt. The parkour could use some help as well, it was pretty easy but it somewhat extensive. And, it was not very varied. Using a variety of jumps and blocks makes the parkour incredibly more enjoyable, which is something need to take note of. I wish you the best of luck in the future!

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
352 6
Hey Seels3,

Here are some thoughts about your map while testing it:

The theme for your map is unoriginal, as there are tons of maps including biomes or jungles. Also there are tons of "islands" themed maps which makes it less original.

About the build, the islands barely had decoration which made it look a boring and simple build, anyways it does ressemble to the theme given but unfortunately, it's unoriginal.

About the parkour, it was not varied and you used almost the same blocks everywhere, the difficulty given fits the difficulty of the jumps you've designed so you get a point for that.

Good luck with your map submission and hope to see more maps from you in the future!

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Seels3,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme isn't original, as there are many biome themed maps, including some jungle themed maps. Please refer to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The build isn't great, it is accurate to the theme, however it is quite simple. I would suggest in the future trying to add something more original to the build, to make it a bit more interesting.
The parkour is very repetitive, as most of the jumps are normal blocks. Try to experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items when building jumps, as this will make your map overall more enjoyable to complete.
Almost all of the parkour is floating, in the future, I would recommend having one or two main builds, then incorporate the parkour into that, rather than having jumps floating between many islands. Having an excessive number of floating jumps can make your map look quite messy.
The length and difficulty are good for an easy map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.