Rejected Kamaji the Boiler Man - Insane (A Spirited Away map)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1

The amount of effort you put into this map is insane, can't wait for it to be judged :))

+ best Ghibli film

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
i played this map this morning and I think it's rather good. its very accurate to the theme and I love how you captured kamaji's posture. it's too perfect. my only problem is chihiro's terrifying face but look man I get it faces are incredibly hard. thats why I ask kubikit to do them for me. other than that great map! Presidenten was a good pick for the parkour on this map

Ratings
i played this map this morning and I think it's rather good. its very accurate to the theme and I love how you captured kamaji's posture. it's too perfect. my only problem is chihiro's terrifying face but look man I get it faces are incredibly hard. thats why I ask kubikit to do them for me. other than that great map! Presidenten was a good pick for the parkour on this map
there were 2 options that seemed to work, the face that you see now and no face at all. thanks for the review

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey portal_ninja, Pink_Bovine, and Presidenten,

I will be putting this map into Ongoing. This means that your map has undergone a review by a primary map judge and is ready to be discussed among the map judging team. Please be patient with us during this process, as it can take us a few days to come to a final decision on your map! The thread will now be closed to public comments.

If you have questions in the meantime, feel free to message me on Discord.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello portal_ninja, Pink_Bovine, and Presidenten,

I am sorry to inform you this map is being rejected. The theme is original, as the only other Spirited Away map I know of on the server is Haku. The build however is the main reason for this map's rejection. While the build is recognizable as a scene from Spirited Away, there are major issues with scale in the map. For example, Chihiro is not larger than Kamaji himself, the furnace tank is massive while the burner that the soot spirits throw the coal into is miniscule. There is a lack of focus on Kamaji who is the namesake of the map, and because he is built so small I feel like it doesn't truly capture him as a character. In addition, the exterior of the build is unpolished. Cele gave some examples of ways to decorate the exterior on the build. It's okay that a theme like this would be a box on the outside, but there still needs be some polish to it overall. The walls (especially in the furnace area) look very blobby and again, a bit unpolished. It is very clear that WorldEdit was used for many components of the map.

The parkour was pretty good, it fit the insane difficulty pretty well and was pretty fun to play. I don't have much else to say about it, it was mixed and varied, etc. Good work on that! I think this map would be better if it emphasized Kamaji rather than trying to handle all of the details at a small scale.

Thanks for submitting this map! If you have questions, feel free to message me on Discord. Hope to see more maps from you all soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.