Not open for further replies.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Unfortunately there is already a map with the same theme. I believe it's called Condiments.

Ratings
Unfortunately there is already a map with the same theme. I believe it's called Condiments.
I did look into this, and it was sort of the same thing (aka there being a ketchup and a mustard) but it involved two "blushing" bottles falling in love and the parkour style was completely different. I dont see there being an issue with the theme if thats the closest thing to it.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I did look into this, and it was sort of the same thing (aka there being a ketchup and a mustard) but it involved two "blushing" bottles falling in love and the parkour style was completely different. I dont see there being an issue with the theme if thats the closest thing to it.
Idk. The main build is still ketchup and mustard bottles, and the blushing part is more of a detail. Either way, good luck.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey happypoptarts,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As Tas mentioned above, we have a map named "CondimentCrush" that takes on the theme of condiments, specifically Ketchup and Mustard, just like you. As such, I believe this to be an unoriginally themed map submission. Make sure to read your parkour list in the future to prevent these things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. For starters, it has its issues with originality as it looks somewhat similar to our map "CondimentCrush". And, the other problems I encountered were poor execution and lack of effort. You made two identical mediocre cylinders of different colors and called it a day. I think you can definitely do better than this. Try to shape the bottles better and add some sort of detailing (besides the different colors) that make it clear what they are meant to be.
  • Parkour: The parkour was definitely long enough for the hard difficulty but I found it to be too easy for it. If anything, it's a difficult medium map. I recommend you buff the overall difficulty of the parkour so that it fits the hard difficulty. Furthermore, I found the parkour to be rather repetitive to do as you utilized a lot of ladder jumps and corner jumps. We want players to incorporate different jumps/blocks into their parkour so that it is enjoyable and to do. So, please, don't be afraid to experiment!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.