King(s) of the Hill - KitPVP

Anthony (ft18m)

ELITE
ft18m
ft18m
ELITE
Ratings
56 1
KOTH has been released! This will hopefully be a great step in the right direction for the barren KitPVP server. Since I am assuming this is beta, here are my first thoughts about it and some ideas I have. Let me know if you guys agree/disagree, its good we talk about this stuff.

First Thoughts:

1. This event will most certainly benefit the people that have played on the server longer and have more gear. You may argue that they deserve it since they have more time spent on the server. However, we have to target the larger demographic of people on the server that might not have the best gear. Some ways to make this better are by turning on keep inventory in the KOTH, but making it so that there is a set kit designed for the events.

2. The presence of teams in King (note how that isn't plural) of the Hill sort of defeats the purpose. I feel that any presence of teaming in any way should be a suspension from playing the event or something like that. It is hard to do that, though, since you can still walk to the KOTH without teleporting there. Let me know what you guys think about clans in KOTH.

Quick Fixes:

- Don't let it consume the entire chat with people getting off and on the KOTH platform. If it is possible, have it be a proximity chat that only goes in a certain area around the KOTH.
- The timer is three hours but the GUI says seven minutes (obviously a bug).
- "[User] left the koth!" and "[User] has started to cap KOTH!" Just a simple error with a simple fix.
- KOTH GUI on the screen should only activate when close to the event.

That's all I have for now. This is just my take on the whole thing. Regardless, I am still happy that a lot of changes are coming to KitPVP.

koth1536x846.jpg

JJ (_ThatGuyJJ_)

Dedicated Member
MVP
5p1eef
5p1eef
MVP
Ratings
47 6
I agree with this wholeheartedly and i think there should be a KoTH warp (which i would be more than happy to build if need be) that is like a duel warp and replaces your armor with a specific kit. (maybe while the king of the hill you could get a knock back stick?) Regardless, good post ft18m