KitPVP Classic Map

How badly do you want the classic map to return?

• REALLY BADLY!

• Meh, don't care (Andy Tate m8).

• Noooo, I don't rikkee eeet.

Results are only viewable after voting.

jamesbooth

Ratings
12 4
So, a lot of people said that the classic map was going to return. I along with many other KitPVP players voted for this to happen. However, this hasn't happened yet? I understand the Staff and Owner, Dacon, are very busy with sorting the server out at the moment and moving to a new system. If the classic map really IS returning, could someone please let me know? Also, could you bring back the common diamond armour because that RPG stuff really didn't go down well..

P.S: Please don't get mad at me, I'm sure many people agree..

P.P.S: I kinda felt like I had to write this all fancy..otherwise there would just be 'scrub' '420' 'Blaze It' 'Lemon Pledge' etc.. everywhere :p

MUCH LOVE DACON AND EVERYONE ELSE

James :D

Aki_Ji

Donator
Ratings
43 4
I agree with everything said in this post. It would be even better if the whole minevast came back. But we all know. That will never happen

Arckrai

Forum Expert
Ratings
128 2
The diamond are will easy make players become OP.

But I thought the map was coming pretty soon, nothing hasn't been delivered yet

Aki_Ji

Donator
Ratings
43 4
The diamond are will easy make players become OP.

I personally see nothing wrong with this, it just means longer fights. Instead of 5 second little piss ups :p

UnrefinedStyle

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
90 6
I personally see nothing wrong with this, it just means longer fights. Instead of 5 second little piss ups :p
Longer fights = less chaos = less entertainment. There was a reason they switched away from that system in the first place.

Aki_Ji

Donator
Ratings
43 4
Longer fights = less chaos = less entertainment. There was a reason they switched away from that system in the first place.
Are you mad!? Longer fights = Huge mosh fights = More Entertainment.

I'm sure people will back me up on this.

SenzJinx

Ratings
52 7
So, a lot of people said that the classic map was going to return. I along with many other KitPVP players voted for this to happen. However, this hasn't happened yet? I understand the Staff and Owner, Dacon, are very busy with sorting the server out at the moment and moving to a new system. If the classic map really IS returning, could someone please let me know? Also, could you bring back the common diamond armour because that RPG stuff really didn't go down well..

P.S: Please don't get mad at me, I'm sure many people agree..

P.P.S: I kinda felt like I had to write this all fancy..otherwise there would just be 'scrub' '420' 'Blaze It' 'Lemon Pledge' etc.. everywhere :p

MUCH LOVE DACON AND EVERYONE ELSE

James :D
Are you man!? Longer fights = Huge mosh fights = More Entertainment.

I agree with AkI_jI

UnrefinedStyle

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
90 6
Are you mad!? Longer fights = Huge mosh fights = More Entertainment.

Probably will, seeing as you have 3-4 friends who frequent the forums, and knowing that 3/4ths of the players that have ever touched KitPvP don't have a forums account.

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,755 83
Classic system = Donators too op
Current system = When 1 person gets op, no one has a chance

Now almost all the people that are wanting the classic system, or are voicing their opinions on the forums are donators, or have strong connections with donators. See, this'll make all you happy, but in the long run for everyone else.. not so much.

There's a couple new possible systems which I could do such as

- Kitpvp with tonnes(35+) of kits w/ abilities/super powers. Not able to purchase items, or drop items. Get money from killing people, and upgrade/purchase new kits. Other things would include kill streak rewards, auto kit respawn (would equip your previous kit when you die), ect.

- OP Kitpvp, donators would get very good kits, defaults would get alright kits, but purchasing diamond armor and enchants would be really cheap. This could be classic op, or op with enchants like prot 10 ect.

Tell me what you guys think of these instead, or have any other system ideas.

Note: I'm not turning down the Classic system, just considering other ones.

Edit: No matter what the system is, the classic map will still come back

Aki_Ji

Donator
Ratings
43 4
Classic system = Donators too op
Current system = When 1 person gets op, no one has a chance

Now almost all the people that are wanting the classic system, or are voicing their opinions on the forums are donators, or have strong connections with donators. See, this'll make all you happy, but in the long run for everyone else.. not so much.

There's a couple new possible systems which I could do such as

- Kitpvp with tonnes(35+) of kits w/ abilities/super powers. Not able to purchase items, or drop items. Get money from killing people, and upgrade/purchase new kits. Other things would include kill streak rewards, auto kit respawn (would equip your previous kit when you die), ect.

- OP Kitpvp, donators would get very good kits, defaults would get alright kits, but purchasing diamond armor and enchants would be really cheap. This could be classic op, or op with enchants like prot 10 ect.

Tell me what you guys think of these instead, or have any other system ideas.

Note: I'm not turning down the Classic system, just considering other ones.

Edit: No matter what the system is, the classic map will still come back
Personally I like all of your ideas, bar a few here and there. If I were to have the decision, it should be:

Classic system. Donators get really good kits, non-donators get pretty good kits, (high enchants iron etc). Quite a lot of different kits, all ranging in op-ness, maybe around 10-20 kits.

Highest protection is P5. Anything above this gets too OP, the fights will never end.

Buying diamond armour would be low - medium priced. Buying enchants to get straight on your armour would be medium - high priced. Buying enchanting bottles would be low priced. Enabling players to try their luck at enchanting, rather than a 100% chance of P4 etc every time.

As for the auto kit respawn, well. I think it's a good idea. When you are killed you drop all of your items, BUT, you have a chance of spawning back with at least 1 peice of amour/ weapon, if not more (3-4 items). I personally think this would be better than spawning back with everything.

I like all of your ideas, accept from PX(10), which I think would just end up being too hectic, turning into OP-KitPvP instead of just good old KitPvP.

I know other players may not agree with this (insert UnrefinedStyle's comment here), so please do respond saying what you would change <3

-Aki

Itchin(Qhysics)

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
281 37
I think that the donor kits of the classic server should be knocked down to iron enchants except for maybe vast and sponsor which should be p1 and p2 respectively. Armor SHOULD be dropped b/c you earned the kill and you should be able to salvage the loot. There should be a 15 second loot protection for randys who try to steal that loot.

If not this, just stick with this system that you are running right now but get rid of the roleplay and add back Warrior. Peace.

Aki_Ji

Donator
Ratings
43 4
I think that the donor kits of the classic server should be knocked down to iron enchants except for maybe vast and sponsor which should be p1 and p2 respectively. Armor SHOULD be dropped b/c you earned the kill and you should be able to salvage the loot. There should be a 15 second loot protection for randys who try to steal that loot.

If not this, just stick with this system that you are running right now but get rid of the roleplay and add back Warrior. Peace.
This actually sounds really good. I think donator ranks should be enchanted iron, and Vast and Sponsor should be Diamond.
Personally I really hate the kitpvp as it is today. The roleplay and leather kits, just don't tick my boxes. I like the idea of loot protection, but maybe not 15 seconds. It would allow randomers to get to the area where someone (perhaps someone op) has died. But it also make it easier for the killer to get all of the loot, maybe bringing in friends to help protect the loot.
BUT. It would also make the danger of ClearLag taking the loot in the 15 seconds that the loot cannot be picked up.

Superburrito_132

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
Even with a donor rank, I would not prefer OP KitPVP. Especially since Sponsor would be too OP. I would like how it is now (keep the stats), just add more kits and get the classic map back ;D

Aki_Ji

Donator
Ratings
43 4
Even with a donor rank, I would not prefer OP KitPVP. Especially since Sponsor would be too OP. I would like how it is now (keep the stats), just add more kits and get the classic map back ;D
As a sponsor, I know that yes. At the start it would be more OP than the other donators, but after a while (if selling sponsor is allowed) then it would become more stable. I'm not sure if you were part of minevast when KitPvP 1.0 was in action, but if you were then you would remember that it was very balenced. Everyone had a few sets of diamond armour (accept very new players of course), and pvp was just generally more fun. You could actually have a fight that lasted more than 4-5 hits before the other person dies, leaving you on low hearts and inevitably getting killed by someone to lose everything that you gained.
Maybe you like this? I'm not sure, but I sure as hell don't.
<3
-Aki