KitPvP Season Update

Lollipop56

PATRON+
Lollipop56
Lollipop56
Patron+
Ratings
42 1
I decided I wanted to post a detailed thread outlining a few simple changes that could make KitPvP feel more interactive and fun.

I think it's quite clear to see that the content curve for KitPvP could do with a little bit of a boost, simply because the seasons last a long time and as time goes on it becomes rather repetitive. It would be nice if we had a few more features that made the server a little less predictable and therefore fun at different times of the day. I think this is shown fantastically through the hourly events, it provides variety.

I think a few small tweaks could be made which I'll list below;
  • Add a Prestige, Killstreak, & Fishing leaderboard.
  • Add back the top online killstreak to the Tab, this was a cool feature previously.
  • Update the Revenge, Juggernaut & Ender Kits as they've been the same for a few seasons.
  • Update the Blackmarket with some new killstreak messages, kill effects & arrow effects.
  • Fix achievements not giving rewards when completed, a lot of the achievements are rather tedious and obtaining Mana is useful.
  • Fix Enderpearls not being refunded when landing in an "unsafe location", furthermore, if your pearl fails the cooldown should also be restarted.
I think we could add a few other small gameplay features that should not be too challenging and make the game more interactive and encourage pvp.

FISHING FOUNTAIN
I think for one of the first seasons fishing has really become something everyone enjoys grinding and it can be increasingly difficult to fish In peace as top-tier players will simply /invsee and target players with decent rods for money. I think this is healthy for the game and of course, provides a risk to fishing. However, I always recommend fishing as a good way of starting out to get hold of some money. It would be nice to have an hour period where the fountain at Polis became a Fishing Fountain where PvP would be disabled and allow all players to fish in peace.

Obviously, you would not be able to enter the area while combat tagged or wearing any armour, this would prevent players from using the area as a safe zone while fighting, but still give all the benefits to players looking to fish for the hour period grinding fish and possibly getting lucky with one or two legendary drops. It's quite often to come down early in the morning and see a group of 5-6 people fishing and that's also a lot of fun and this should be encouraged.

MINING CAVERN
I'd also like to see a brand new feature where the tunnels could be used a little more. It would be awesome if emerald ore was placed around the tunnels that could be mined with a pickaxe, those emeralds could then be traded with an NPC in the Cavern for exclusive rewards such as Golden Apples, Enderpearls, Sharpness 3 Swords, Diamond Armour Pieces etc. etc. You would have to purchase a pickaxe from the /blackmarket and of course, the emeralds would have a cooldown before the block can be mined again. This would provide another way to obtain stuff other than straight cash.

I think that the pickaxe should simply be destroyed if you die, making it so that you have to purchase a pickaxe and they can't be obtained from killing.

I would really like to hear the communities input on a new feature like this because I certainly think it could have benefits.

Moving forward I would also like to talk about the possible addition of a few items to the Cubit Shop.
  • I would like to see some event summoners added to the shop, Infected, Last Player Standing & KoTH
  • I would also like to see 1h Boosters (Similar to the 8h Boosters) added.
The benefits I think of allowing users to spend cubits to start events like Infected would be that it's fun and further promotes monetisation for the server.

@Swrds - I think that the addition of the above would not only be successful but not detrimental to the server's economy at all, this could only be seen as a positive for adding something interactive and fun, possibly even allowing friends to play events that their timezones might not fit in with due to school or work commitments.

I'd also like to briefly look at the events and offer a few suggestions.

HOURLY EVENTS
Currently, we only have the Mana Fairy hourly, however, I'd also like to see the addition of "Kill the King" hourly.

Kill the king would upgrade a user's inventory temporarily where users would have to go down into PvP and kill the king to claim the bounty. The King would be randomly chosen as a user currently down in PvP and should that player disconnect or return to spawn then a new King would be chosen. The prize for killing the king would be something like a $10,000 bounty. Obviously, the armour would not drop for the King and their normal inventory would be restored once they were killed. If the King manages to survive for the 10-minute period then they would receive the $10,000 bounty.

INFECTED
@AlexMl - I have been playing Infected with the new improvements and I must say that generally, this has improved the gamemode.

I do however think a few more tweaks could now be made to finally polish it off.
  • Allow the first infected to retain the same armour as when they start (i.e don't downgrade it), but only the first infected.
  • Give the final three survivors a regeneration 2 drinkable potion for each upgrade.
  • Fix the issue where the first Infected does not get a prize if the Infected team wins.
LAST PLAYER STANDING
I think it would be really beneficial to remind players when joining the event that teaming is against the rules, as it's quite common.

I also think it would be fun if the gamemode selected one of three different kits at random rather than always being Kit Fight.
  1. Kit Fight
  2. Kit Elite
  3. Kit Legendary
This again would just add a little variety to the gamemode which again only adds to the fun.

These are all the changes I have currently to propose and would be really interested to hear opinions from the community.

Lolli | <3

Last edited:

iTiger

PATRON
iTiger
iTiger
Patron
Ratings
13 1
I like a lot these ideas and would love for them to be added, for example, the kill the king event sounds like a great way to make things more interesting on the server. Same with the lps random kits, I’m not good in kit fight:/. I also think that the mining feature would be a good addition, same with the fishing fountain or just have an area that you can fish peacefully as it is super annoying to get killed when you are fishing. I think that the juggernaut kit should have a bow as well. And for gods sake fix the Enderpearls landing in unsafe area, it honestly pisses me off sometimes as not only do you not get the pearl back, these will still be a cooldown. So fix that please. I’m pretty sure the Enderpearls block glitches have been fixed though, so good job staff. Lollipop with the good ideas as usual lol.

superflyGreeeee

Dedicated Member
ELITE
superflyGreeeee
superflyGreeeee
ELITE
Ratings
50 14
I decided I wanted to post a detailed thread outlining a few simple changes that could make KitPvP feel more interactive and fun.

I think it's quite clear to see that the content curve for KitPvP could do with a little bit of a boost, simply because the seasons last a long time and as time goes on it becomes rather repetitive. It would be nice if we had a few more features that made the server a little less predictable and therefore fun at different times of the day. I think this is shown fantastically through the hourly events, it provides variety.

I think a few small tweaks could be made which I'll list below;
  • Add a Prestige, Killstreak, & Fishing leaderboard.
  • Add back the top online killstreak to the Tab, this was a cool feature previously.
  • Update the Revenge, Juggernaut & Ender Kits as they've been the same for a few seasons.
  • Update the Blackmarket with some new killstreak messages, kill effects & arrow effects.
  • Fix achievements not giving rewards when completed, a lot of the achievements are rather tedious and obtaining Mana is useful.
  • Fix Enderpearls not being refunded when landing in an "unsafe location", furthermore, if your pearl fails the cooldown should also be restarted.
I think we could add a few other small gameplay features that should not be too challenging and make the game more interactive and encourage pvp.

FISHING FOUNTAIN
I think for one of the first seasons fishing has really become something everyone enjoys grinding and it can be increasingly difficult to fish In peace as top-tier players will simply /invsee and target players with decent rods for money. I think this is healthy for the game and of course, provides a risk to fishing. However, I always recommend fishing as a good way of starting out to get hold of some money. It would be nice to have an hour period where the fountain at Polis became a Fishing Fountain where PvP would be disabled and allow all players to fish in peace.

Obviously, you would not be able to enter the area while combat tagged or wearing any armour, this would prevent players from using the area as a safe zone while fighting, but still give all the benefits to players looking to fish for the hour period grinding fish and possibly getting lucky with one or two legendary drops. It's quite often to come down early in the morning and see a group of 5-6 people fishing and that's also a lot of fun and this should be encouraged.

MINING CAVERN
I'd also like to see a brand new feature where the tunnels could be used a little more. It would be awesome if emerald ore was placed around the tunnels that could be mined with a pickaxe, those emeralds could then be traded with an NPC in the Cavern for exclusive rewards such as Golden Apples, Enderpearls, Sharpness 3 Swords, Diamond Armour Pieces etc. etc. You would have to purchase a pickaxe from the /blackmarket and of course, the emeralds would have a cooldown before the block can be mined again. This would provide another way to obtain stuff other than straight cash.

I think that the pickaxe should simply be destroyed if you die, making it so that you have to purchase a pickaxe and they can't be obtained from killing.

I would really like to hear the communities input on a new feature like this because I certainly think it could have benefits.

Moving forward I would also like to talk about the possible addition of a few items to the Cubit Shop.
  • I would like to see some event summoners added to the shop, Infected, Last Player Standing & KoTH
  • I would also like to see 1h Boosters (Similar to the 8h Boosters) added.
The benefits I think of allowing users to spend cubits to start events like Infected would be that it's fun and further promotes monetisation for the server.

@Swrds - I think that the addition of the above would not only be successful but not detrimental to the server's economy at all, this could only be seen as a positive for adding something interactive and fun, possibly even allowing friends to play events that their timezones might not fit in with due to school or work commitments.

I'd also like to briefly look at the events and offer a few suggestions.

HOURLY EVENTS
Currently, we only have the Mana Fairy hourly, however, I'd also like to see the addition of "Kill the King" hourly.

Kill the king would upgrade a user's inventory temporarily where users would have to go down into PvP and kill the king to claim the bounty. The King would be randomly chosen as a user currently down in PvP and should that player disconnect or return to spawn then a new King would be chosen. The prize for killing the king would be something like a $10,000 bounty. Obviously, the armour would not drop for the King and their normal inventory would be restored once they were killed. If the King manages to survive for the 10-minute period then they would receive the $10,000 bounty.

INFECTED
@AlexMl - I have been playing Infected with the new improvements and I must say that generally, this has improved the gamemode.

I do however think a few more tweaks could now be made to finally polish it off.
  • Allow the first infected to retain the same armour as when they start (i.e don't downgrade it), but only the first infected.
  • Give the final three survivors a regeneration 2 drinkable potion for each upgrade.
  • Fix the issue where the first Infected does not get a prize if the Infected team wins.
LAST PLAYER STANDING
I think it would be really beneficial to remind players when joining the event that teaming is against the rules, as it's quite common.

I also think it would be fun if the gamemode selected one of three different kits at random rather than always being Kit Fight.
  1. Kit Fight
  2. Kit Elite
  3. Kit Legendary
This again would just add a little variety to the gamemode which again only adds to the fun.

These are all the changes I have currently to propose and would be really interested to hear opinions from the community.

Lolli | <3
yes i agree, i want all the leaderboards back, also make them actual boards, the interactive stuff is a waist of time, i'de rather see the top 10 on a board than scroll to see the top 10