[KitPvP] Suggestions

Which suggestion did you like, if any?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

locoMoose

Ratings
Heyo, this thread is just containing some feedback I've accumulated over the passing days & from my friends.

#1 If kitpvp ever does get a new map, a few suggestions I have is that the map is flatter and doesn't have many hills, structures or trees. With all the large structures it's easier for people to evade a pursuer with ender pearls. Lastly, the size of the map is unnecessarily large and I think reducing the size will be better. Something that I've noticed is when it isn't during peak times, you have to search the map for people because of how large the size is. TL;DR: While the map is nicely decorated, I think it could be better made for the pvp environment.

#2 An idea to make kitpvp stand out from the other competitors is to make it to where there are 2-3 maps that alternate once every few hours.
#3 My last idea for kitpvp is adding a team / gang plugin to the server. The reason for this is because people already form teams/alliances so why not just encourage it? Kitpvp is a team based gamemode anyway so I feel like it would just make the overall experience better. If this was to be implemented though, I think the max number of people that can be in a team is 4 max.

Cedis ♡

MVP
Cedis
Cedis
MVP
Ratings
49 5
The first one, I partly agree with. Having all the structures, in my opinion, is good for PvP as it allows the more experienced to use it to their advantage. As the large-ness, I agree that it could be a bit smaller, but not so small as to which everyone is in sight.

The second one, I don't agree with at all. Maps take a lot of time to build, and though seeing a new map would be nice, it just seems too unreasonable.

The third one, I agree with. I think having a 4 or 5 team limit might be good. A team of 7 coming for a team of 2 is very hard to take on.

locoMoose

Ratings
You need open areas, but you also need tight spaces for people to evade combat. You also need high areas for those of us who like to use bows. Pvp maps are all about line of sight, and the person who created this just seemed to wildly copy and paste design elements using world edit or something.

The second one, I don't agree with at all. Maps take a lot of time to build, and though seeing a new map would be nice, it just seems too unreasonable.
Agreed, however, we're talking about maps that can be used for a long period of time. Kitpvp doesn't reset as often as other servers so we may as well have maps that are fitted for the kitpvp environment. Plus, the map should be a medium size so it shouldn't take as long.

Owendog77

Ratings
9 3
I think the map is pretty good, the only thing i would like to change is maby no water (glass instead) and no tall plants. Its a good balance of spaced out and tight.

The second one could work but the problem is that there would be lots of annoying kicks and we would need 3 completely different maps.

The third one i absalutely hate, teaming in kit PvP is stupid and is just a way for donators who are terrible at PvP to be "good". Teams always end up being all the MVP+'s and staff vs all the noobs in kit fight. Like honestly if your in p4 iron and running from a noob in leather you deserve to die, you shouldn't be able to run to your friend who's actually good.

I think a party system would be cool where a max of 3-4 people can get the same colored names but still hit each other, and if they are seen teaming with people not in the party they get banned. Kit pvp should not be about teaming, it should be about PvP skill.

locoMoose

Ratings
The second one could work but the problem is that there would be lots of annoying kicks and we would need 3 completely different maps.

The third one i absalutely hate, teaming in kit PvP is stupid and is just a way for donators who are terrible at PvP to be "good". Teams always end up being all the MVP+'s and staff vs all the noobs in kit fight. Like honestly if your in p4 iron and running from a noob in leather you deserve to die, you shouldn't be able to run to your friend who's actually good.

I think a party system would be cool where a max of 3-4 people can get the same colored names but still hit each other, and if they are seen teaming with people not in the party they get banned. Kit pvp should not be about teaming, it should be about PvP skill.
In regards to people getting kicked, it wouldn't work that way. The way the maps would alternate is it broadcast in chat every couple of hours and then when the map alternates everyone is teleported to the spawn of that map. The plugin itself is pretty simple, let's say there are 3 maps and a new map is about to rotate in, what will happen is it will teleport everyone to that new map (with the cmd /tpall) and then set the new spawn to those coordinates so when people respawn they spawn at that one. It's a lot less complicated than you think and people shouldn't be getting kicked in the process in the way I explained it above.

About the teaming- yes, getting teamed on does suck. That's why you need to form alliances. People aren't going to stop teaming & to be honest, if you're looking for fair 1v1s then you're looking for a duel server. Friendly fire shouldn't be allowed as that defeats the purpose of being in a team.

Thanks for the feedback!

RainingNarwhals

Dedicated Member
ELITE
RainingNarwhals
RainingNarwhals
ELITE
Ratings
178 13
I especially like the last idea, as like you said, teaming already exists. However, I do not think a max would be effective as we don't have an alliance plugin at the moment and there are teams greater than 4. If it were to be implemented, it might as well not have a limit as the status quo shows several teams with more than 4 people.

locoMoose

Ratings
I especially like the last idea, as like you said, teaming already exists. However, I do not think a max would be effective as we don't have an alliance plugin at the moment and there are teams greater than 4. If it were to be implemented, it might as well not have a limit as the status quo shows several teams with more than 4 people.

The team plugin is because right now when we're in groups and we're trying to hit each other, we end up hitting one another on accident. It's more so you can't accidentally damage your teammate. If there are more people that want to join then that person could create a gang and ally with them. Also I know we don't have an alliance plugin atm, that's why I'm suggesting it xD

Owendog77

Ratings
9 3
I might as well quit right now, what ends up happening is half the server teams up. The point of the gamemode is to fight, not pussy around.

locoMoose

Ratings
I might as well quit right now, what ends up happening is half the server teams up. The point of the gamemode is to fight, not pussy around.
That's not necessarily true, I want to form a team with my friends so we can take down the op people. Not everyone is going to team up with them. If youre looking for fair 1v1s then you should be looking for a duel server.

SillyScatter

Sllly
Sllly
Ratings
16 1
I’m quite against a gang idea.

Fighting against others in a kit pvp situation is fun until you can’t kill anyone, and if teams of 3 started rocking up then you wouldn’t be able to kill anyone. I have managed to kill up to teams of 7 in KitPvP but its too hard and could be more fun.

Other than that, #1&3 sound nice!

NoFckz

ELITE
NoFckz
NoFckz
ELITE
Ratings
129 12
#1 a new kitpvp map would be noice but i like how the map is laid out atm i think the size is perfect also like the height variation otherwise it would feel pretty empty and boring.

2# cool but not needed.

3# i like the idea but i think its already unfair enough.

locoMoose

Ratings
Thanks guys for the feedback so far! I'd like to address a concern that has been brought up in multiple posts. I understand the frustration of getting teamed up on in kitpvp, it happens to me all the time. Unfortunately, it's inevitable so why not just make the situation better for teams? I'm really big on kitpvp and from what I've seen, the gang plugin showed to really be successful. Some of you feel like adding this plugin will give some teams too much power and that's not entirely true. There are already big teams out there regardless of whether or not we have this plugin. The plugin just helps organize teams & stop friendly-fire.

Another point that has been brought up with my second suggestion is that it isn't needed or too time-consuming. If we only implement suggestions that are "needed" then how is the network supposed to grow above its competitors? Feedback is a necessity and I think we should get out of the mindset of "Oh it isn't needed". We're not trying to be average, we're trying to draw in more players from our competitors.

NoFckz

ELITE
NoFckz
NoFckz
ELITE
Ratings
129 12
well i think it's logical that we first start add/fix things that we need and then start adding stuff that we don't need also about the team/gang/clan thing im against it because it will make teams even more powerfull then they already are. there is also a rule about teaming:

Teaming
This rule is currently not enforced, but we discourage teams of over 2. (This doesn't mean alliances, this means going around as a group killing people). If scenarios like this happen, Dacon will come on and beat y'all up with p4.

Last edited:

locoMoose

Ratings
I see, you make valid points. Before implementing new content, we must first squash the bugs / exploits. I completely agree with you on that. It wouldn't make any sense to add new content when old content is broken. As for the teams, I feel like kitpvp should at least give it a season where it has a plugin like that. Who knows, it may be more successful than we thought :)

HyDr0KT

PATRON
HyDr0KT
HyDr0KT
Patron
Ratings
97 5
Hello.

To address your point made in #1: I agree that this map was a little too big. There were many unused and unnecessary areas of the map that honestly just functioned as creating more lag when having to load in chunks. I will take note of this and try to ensure that next seasons map size is appropriate for this type of gamemode. As for having flatter pvp areas, I understand this may make pvping more fluid but can also detract from the appearance of the map. I think having trees, grass, hills is something that should always stay on the map. However, there can definitely be more flatter areas for those who enjoy this type of terrain, which is something I will try to have implemented next map.

To address your point made in #2: I don't like this idea. This can create a lot of lag issues and bugs as well as make the overall KitPvP experience very inconsistent. Instead of this, maybe events that bring players onto different warzones can be something more appropriate.

To address your point made in #3: This is definitely a possible idea. I understand teaming can be very frustrating but it is also a major reason why people love KitPvP. People enjoy teaming and playing together with their friends. This idea is very controversial and will definitely be looked into moving onto next season.

locoMoose

Ratings
To address your point made in #2: I don't like this idea. This can create a lot of lag issues and bugs as well as make the overall KitPvP experience very inconsistent. Instead of this, maybe events that bring players onto different warzones can be something more appropriate.

There was a kitpvp server a long time ago that had this feature and it worked smoothly. There shouldn't be lag issues because all the plugin is doing is changing the spawn point for players and when the map changes it's using /tpall cmd to teleport the current players on to teleport them to the current map. It's literally 2 commands and it broadcasts in chat how long until rotation.

Owendog77

Ratings
9 3
@locoMoose that's fine, the problem is when all the MPV+'s team up and just rule the map. Thats not really fun for anybody except maby them.

(This is not necroposting, it is withen 14 days of last comment.)

locoMoose

Ratings
Yep! That's why I created my own team to kill some of the annoying ones with better gear.