DaTNTBoy

Dedicated Member
VIP
6YearOld
6YearOld
VIP
Ratings
53 10
I don't really like this parkour at all, the only thing that is good about it is the pixel art (and pokezelda hates pixel art btw). It also has a lack of detail the only thing i can find are red and black wool blocks. Just to say, this isn't really good parkour and i am also not trying to be mean.

I don't really like this parkour at all, the only thing that is good about it is the pixel art (and pokezelda hates pixel art btw). It also has a lack of detail the only thing i can find are red and black wool blocks. Just to say, this isn't really good parkour and i am also not trying to be mean.
Oh thats ok! Its my first one....

happyheart

YouTuber
YouTuber
Ratings
45 11
/plot visit xxLadyBugxx 2
For anyone wondering.

Some red tape to start off with. Future reference stuff.
Try and make your map in a void environment. You've already built this with the start on the ground, so I recommend removing at least 2 layers of grass and dirt from under your map.
Your checkpoint signs don't need to be so elaborate. Just write "checkpoint" on them.

The map is a little short.
The lady bug sign is unnecessary. It feels as if you lack confidence in our ability to see that it is indeed a ladybug, or you think you didn't build it well enough to be recognizable as a ladybug.
You have this random red wool structure with ladders on it. It'd be better had you made the lady bug pixel art upright and put the ladders on that instead.
The ladybug aspect feels a little lackluster. It only really serves as a platform. I would have much preferred that you made an upright ladybug with ladder parkour or something on it, like your setpiece ladybug.
Lastly, as someone mentioned earlier, it is pixel art, which is not, should I say, appreciated as much.

/plot visit xxLadyBugxx 2
For anyone wondering.

Some red tape to start off with. Future reference stuff.
Try and make your map in a void environment. You've already built this with the start on the ground, so I recommend removing at least 2 layers of grass and dirt from under your map.
Your checkpoint signs don't need to be so elaborate. Just write "checkpoint" on them.

The map is a little short.
The lady bug sign is unnecessary. It feels as if you lack confidence in our ability to see that it is indeed a ladybug, or you think you didn't build it well enough to be recognizable as a ladybug.
You have this random red wool structure with ladders on it. It'd be better had you made the lady bug pixel art upright and put the ladders on that instead.
The ladybug aspect feels a little lackluster. It only really serves as a platform. I would have much preferred that you made an upright ladybug with ladder parkour or something on it, like your setpiece ladybug.
Lastly, as someone mentioned earlier, it is pixel art, which is not, should I say, appreciated as much.
Thankyou so much for the feedback! I will definitely take this feedback on board.

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
As I see this is your first map, I can only assume you will get better from here. Right now, this map is rejected!

Firstly, you seem to lack the design that a lady bug map entails. I was expecting something more 3D. Maybe a giant lady bug and you cross along the various spots and colours.

The 2D Pixel Art version just makes the map seem a little rushed. Not that much time needs to go into basic pixel art.

I would recommend maybe getting a player that can design 3D models and maybe consult them about the craft, so as to improve your own building. Try practising on your plots by building some prototype models on a lady bug, or whatever theme you choose, before committing.

~ Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.