Lag

Sleeklundt

ELITE
SleekLundt
SleekLundt
ELITE
Is it just me or has the server been really laggy recently? I've checked my wifi and it's in good state, there's no issue with my connection but the lags are so massive I don't know what's happening. For eg, at mana pond, the items lag and I cannot get anything to be honest it's quite annoying cause its the only thing holding me back from prestige.

Anything yall could do to make the server connection better? Unless I'm the only one that has this problem lol.

Orsx

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
orsx
orsx
Patron+
Ratings
84 4
Sorry you haven't had a reply from anyone sooner lad.

Off the top of my head, you could check your FPS in game. If that's above 60~ the game should look pretty smooth. FPS is to do with how well your own computer performs on any application (higher average FPS= smoother gameplay) however I have the feeling your issue stems from your ping?

The server does sometimes get lagspikes, it's been an issue for quite a while haha. In this case you can't do anything as you say your internet is fine. Im pretty sure that Skyblock has recently been down to have an upgrade to its own dedicated server which would hopefully make the server run smoother for us all.

Hopefully this helps :)

SlyHaze

ELITE
SlyHaze
SlyHaze
ELITE
Ratings
I consistently get below 50 ping, as well as above 70 FPS. I have also noticed that there is some latency when PvPing, specifically with pot pvp. I have seen this in a few servers, and honestly, I am stumped as to what causes these things. The TPS and ping will be fine, but you will still experience latency.

For example, I know this one owner that owned two different servers. On one the pvp was crisp and worked well, and on the other, it was extremely laggy. Even though the servers were both hosted the same and visibly nothing was different, one worked better. Which leads me to think that it may be a plugin issue? because that was the only thing that differed according to the owner.

ArchVenom

Mod
ArchVenom
ArchVenom
Mod
Ratings
35 1
Generally in pvp zones the server tends to be a bit more laggy, I'm not really sure why, but it has been a consistent thing in /duel, LPS, and pvp areas, I don't know if it's an issue with Mana so much or just an issue overall with the 1.16 version of Minecraft the server is running off of, sorry I couldn't be more help.