Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Quintum_,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: I'll be honest, I don't think this is an originally themed map submission. This is because we already have: a) A cookie-related map called CookieJar; b) Multiple Food-themed maps; and c) Various big block maps (this is technically a rendition of a block/item in MC in large scale).
  • Build: To me, there's really no build as you don't utilize it at all. There are two major issues with the "build": it's just the foundation of the map (you barely see it) and it's completely out shadowed by the parkour. The real build is here the parkour (which shows nothing of the theme), and we can't have that. The parkour is supposed to compliment the build, not be it.
  • Parkour: The parkour is way way way too short for an expert (we're expecting 80-100 jumps for an expert), so you definitely have to put more jumps in. And, personally, I think that there is an issue with the overall difficulty of the map. Sure, there are expert-difficulty jumps, but there are also segments of just simple 1b's, 2b's, and 3b's. It just didn't feel right. You have to buff the map overall so that it fits the expert difficulty. Furthermore, the parkour, besides the technical jumps here and there, felt very repetitive. Besides the overall use of the same blocks for the parkour, it was just a bunch of straight-forward segments with some 4b's or neo's mixed in. You need to consider enjoyability, and you can achieve this by using a wider variety of blocks/jumps in your parkour.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.