Not open for further replies.

magicaLuxray

Ratings
11 1
Level: Biome Globe
Difficulty: Medium
Builder: luxrayShock
Checkpoints: 4
* i will not give up until i have an approved map, even if this takes me too long to do on my own !!!!!!1111!
and the images showing a better perspective of the build were too large so i had to use the 1st one
Screenshot (206).png

Screenshot (201).png
Screenshot (203).png

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
You forgot to include the # of your Plot / or warp name to it! <3

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
it should be /plot home [ign of the owner of the plot] #

the 'edit' button on the bottom left

Attachments

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey there!
I would unfortunately have to give your map a -1. With the build, the theme is very overused. Check the theme list to see if your theme is similar or has been done before. There's also something a bit jarring about the sphere since it is clear glass. I would recommend using stained glass when possible, since it is easier on the eyes overall.
I would also like to address the INSANE amount of barriers on this map. They make where to go very confusing when doing the parkour. Try to use glass or other blocks wherever possible when blocking off certain areas, and don't put barriers where it looks like a player could jump easily-- use glass instead when you can!
As far as the parkour, there's a large skip here: skip
The directional sign here is a bit vague, since the build represents biomes and this is a desert full of sand blocks: sign

The parkour overall, aside from these issues, is not varied or mixed much. You have used mostly normal blocks. I think you could do more with weird blocks, such as heads, fences, slabs, enchant tables, brewing stands, cobble walls, doors, etc.!

Please note that while I may be staff, I am not a Map Judge, so I have no influence over your submission! I just like to give feedback on map submissions to help improve people's skills in the community :) good luck on your submission!

Last edited:

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
352 6
Hello luxrayShock.

Unfortunately, I will be rejecting your map for the following reasons:

The theme for your map is unoriginal, please refer to our theme list before creating a map as it might help you come up with a theme that hasn't been done before or with reduced uses.

The build for your map is a good representation for your theme, although it's a simple vanilla build that doesn't take long to perform in a plot. Not only that, the tremendous amount of barriers made your map look messy and confusing.
I would recommend you placing signs and carpets corresponding to the parkour for future maps, as the signs you have used confused more than guessing where the parkour actually was.

The parkour for the map is not varied, the only variations come when changing biomes, which made them all look boring and repetitive. The difficulty of the parkour does not match the difficulty you have chosen, some jumps were too hard for a medium map and some were easier, which made it look uneven.

Don't let any of this discourage you; instead; use it as feedback and advice to make your map even better!

Thanks for submitting a map and hope to see more maps from you in the future!

- fau

Status
Not open for further replies.