Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
As suggested by the title, forums use should be limited for players who have in-game punishments such as a mute or ban.

This would mostly apply to chat-related incidents such as encouraging hatred, death threats, malicious links being posted in chat, harassment, etc.. Of course, this would be to prevent the player from causing further issues even past their in-game problems, that time on the forums. These players should still have ability to post appeals in the appeals section or file reports, but not be able to make posts visible to the whole forums or interact in conversations. Once their punishment is up, they may return to normal use of the forums.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
Sorry, I disagree.
Forums is slow enough that it can be moderated easily. The public access allows for everyone to have a civil discussion. Any suggestions affecting the network are still thoroughly reviewed. All good ideas are good ideas regardless of who they come from.
One of the ways players show they are worthy of an unban or unmute is by their forums interactions and behavior.

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,191 297
-1 this is a rlly dumb idea as said above forums is rlly easy to moderate as its really slow and if. A player were to for example say the nword and get muted then yes they did something wrong but if that player then came on the forums and said it then there should be a punishment just like how it works on the discord if u get muted there u don’t get muted in game and if u get muted in game u don’t get muted on discord

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
I somewhat agree, but not for bans, since most bans have no relevancy with chats in game, unless for extreme cases. Since if a player, for example gets muted for a week in game for sending hate messages to another player, they can just go on forums and repeat the same actions. Although forums is slow, and staff would probably catch onto it, within 2 seconds of it being posted, it can't reverse the message, since by then, at least 1 person would of saw it.
Largely relating to your comment on bans, players have received bans for chat-related incidents that usually would result in a mute, but it would be a repeat offense and thus give a ban.

excellentgamer1

VIP
excellentgamer1
excellentgamer1
VIP
Ratings
5 1
I personally think for most offences this is not a good idea. What happens on the server should stay on the server and hopefully players will realize their mistake if they get punished in game and won't repeat it on here. However in terms of things like permanent bans from the server I do feel like this should go for them as long as they can appeal.

Mr_DagALkeef_B7

Forum God
VIP+
Mr_DagALkeef_B7
Mr_DagALkeef_B7
VIP+
Ratings
534 98
It makes no sense to carry the ban to other ManaCube's platforms. It's like you get perm-banned from the server, then you also get banned on the Discord and Forums. That's why there are separated rules for ManaCube's platforms.

I'm glad you shared your idea with us, but -1 from me. Sorry <3