Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
I think the build on this lacks enough depth to not be considered 3d pixel art, so I don't think its going to be accepted mainly for that reason.

That aside, the build does look like a mac book, but I wish it had more detail. It would be nicer if the screen showed the home screen or something else rather than random blocks, and if the screen wasn't so massive compared to the keyboard
2020-06-02_22.04.33.png

As for the parkour, you grouped a lot of the same type of jump together which is looked down upon heavily. It did look decently varied on the inside though :)

Perhaps you could rework the build to be less flat, but even then, mac books are still pretty flat and it might not be enough. I would recommend going for a different theme. Good luck

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey LuffyTaro,

I'm sad to say that this map is being rejected. The theme is original, since there are no "MacBook" maps, even if there are computer or computer part maps. The build is extremely flat, however. Part of this is unavoidable because of the theme, but I feel that more could have been done to fully execute the theme, especially with the screen. I think it would have been cool to see icons, a taskbar, etc. like the real screen of a Mac, even though it would be pixel art. The screen as it is now looks very messy and distracting. I also think letters on the keys would have been a nice touch! I also feel like this build is very large, yet a very small fraction of the build is used for the course overall, especially on the keyboard.

Despite the build, the parkour is mostly floating for the first section and not integrated into the build whatsoever. There's also major inconsistency issues with the difficulty of the parkour, where you have one really difficult jump, then some very easy jumps, and then another tough jump, repeat. Try to make the difficulty consistent throughout! It's a lot harder to design insane maps, as if you put extremely tough jump after extremely tough jump, you run into the problem of the map being annoying and unfun. It's harder than it looks to make unique and fun insane maps!

The parkour is also not mixed very well, especially on the screen. You have many, many water jumps in a row, for example. Try to mix in the types of blocks and jumps used around so that the map can't be discerned in sections by jump/block type (ex. the water jump section, the fence section).

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions about this submission, please feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord. Hope to see more maps for you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.