Make me want to come back to manacube, olympus edition

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
Basically on day 2 of the "riot" a friend of mine asked me to play Feed The Beast with them and so I did. At first I had no clue what the game was and thought it was way too complicated. But soon I realized it's exactly what I want in minecraft. I haven't been too happy with manacube recently so I gave it a chance.
I love the laborious and tedious tasks of making one item so you can farm a reward needed to get another item to farm another reward so you can get another item to farm another reward and so on. When I first played Olympus, this is exactly how the game was for me. You needed to mine to get upgrades. Mine more to get money and mana. Mine more to rebirth. Buy spawners. Make mob farms. Mine for mana to buy minions. And on and on and on.
But now with the game, there isn't really a long duration object that I want. Yes you can mine, but you only really mine to make money because mana has no real effect on the gameplay this season. You can farm hades but spawners aren't worth it.
I say this now to hope that something can be added next season to address this kind of issue.
I want to farm different gameplay methods, mining, hades, mobs, to get drops used to make farms. And those farms give the chance to make even better items.
I hate how FTB is modded minecraft. It's too abstract for me. That's why I want manacube to fill this gap and really, manacube is the only server that I think could do it.

But how do you do this? How would you make this multi farm system work on Olympus?
I think each way of farming, mining, hades, mobs, should have many ways to go at it.
I think the mining system is already in place, mostly. I would like to see multiple ways of mining, so it's not just trench in the mining rank mines. I would like to see more custom pick enchants, not /ce, well that too, but trench style. Maybe explosive, or giga drill or whatever. More types of picks that everyone has access to.
I would like to see custom mining farms. On another server I played years ago, you had miner hoppers that would farm cobble gens. I'd love to see this on manacube. And if those hoppers have upgrades from paying mana and from equipping items from hades or mining or crafting, that's be perfect. That's kinda how miner minions are, but not really cause those are plop and use and upgrades are non existent. I'd want to build a whole structure to make it work.
In FTB from my understanding you can craft boss spawns, or summon from ritual things or get from mob drops. This is how I would go at diversifying hades bosses.
Hades mobs are good, in concept. Just the drops need to be worked to fit this multi farming system.
Spawners need to be a bigger part of the game. I know Mo said next season will be more like s1 which is good. But don't make it like s1, just derive the game from it. I think spawners should be mainly sourced from crafting but the recipes need to be cheap.
It should be elaborate but not complex. (Imagine a diamond block requiring a gold block to craft, which requires an iron block, which requires a coal block etc.)
I think by now you can understand my idea of diversifying the farming.

I at the moment don't feel like coming back to mana. Which is really sad because I really want to be on manacube. You'd have to really push some shit way too far for me to not want to come back, and that's what's happened. I was relieved to see the Olympus updates today, but it didn't really inspire me to play. And the list of bugs and qol changes to make is still ever so long. I gave you some more of my ideas here on how to make the game more appealing and accessible. I really hope you consider them and can make me want to come back and play.

Note: sent from phone so its hard to organize and review thoughts and spelling