Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Hello, hope you are all doing well! Today I’ll be discussing appeals.

DISCLAIMER: I am a mere player who has experience with writing appeals, but I am by no means a "professional" on the matter. All decisions made by the staff are final.

Appeals are how you get a punishment reduced or lifted. You can find the official template for appeals here. Since every player's situation is different, and each person must go on their own "journey" to being unmuted or unbanned, I will simply be providing a few tips that have helped me during the appealing process.

First of all, it's important that you remain patient while waiting for the staff to respond. Due to each person's situation being different, there is no specific wait time to hear back from the staff. Keep in mind that as long as you follow the template, your appeal will be put under review. While I have never had an automatic rejection, I am assuming that similar to staff applications; an appeal can be instantly denied. (Please don't quote me on this one...) To gain access to your appeal, message a staff member and they will send you a link to your appeal.

I cannot tell you what to write on an appeal, but try to be 100% honest. Lying about anything will not help the situation, and most likely will lead to the appeal being rejected. If you have any questions or concerns during the appeal process, you can always message a staff member, and they will do their best to answer accordingly.

Another thing to consider when appealing is timing. If your appeal gets rejected, you usually have to wait 3-4 weeks before appealing again. This also applies when you are trying to appeal a punishment that is lengthy or permanent. It is essential that you take enough time to step back and re-evaluate your actions. Bridges are not built overnight, and people definitely can not just change instantly. An appeal should show that you understand what you have done wrong, why you were punished, and why you should be unbanned/unmuted. The longer you wait, the more time you have to change. Patience truly is a very important skill to have when appealing; you must be patient with yourself, and patient with the staff.

Overall, just remember to be honest, and have evidence that you have taken steps to improve. Staff are willing to give players another chance if they can show that they deserve it. My favourite part of appeals is the redemptive quality it has. We can not change what we did in the past, but we can change how we act in the present and strive to be better people. Personally, the appeal gives me the ability to apologize to the staff for the mistakes I have made and discuss my hopes and feelings for my future on Manacube.

If you have any questions about anything I have mentioned in this thread, or want to discuss punishments or appeals, you can start a conversation with me on the forums, or reach me on Discord (@StormySkiesYT#6166).

Your friendly neighbourhood perm-muted player,

StormySkiesYT <3

P.S I hope I did not offend any staff or interfere too much, I really enjoyed making this thread. If you have any concerns, you can reply to the thread or message me privately.

Last edited:

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Forgot to mention that before submitting an appeal, you should always review what you have written. Make sure there are not any small little mistakes!
And when you are writing your appeal, take your time, there is no need to rush :)

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Howdy again Stormy!

As I've said before it is amazing to see more players, like you, being more active on the forums! It really opens up many more ways for players and staff to communicate with each other and get new information. This tips and tricks thread was done very nicely! I really enjoy how you were able to speak on your personal experience to give players some extra confidence when appealing.

Here are some things you mentioned that I think are SUPER important to note:
1: Be honest on appeals
2: Be patient with appeals
3: Wait 3-4 weeks before appealing again after an appeal has been rejected.
4: Staff want to give you chances! Believe it or not- we don't like punishing players.

So, what else can you guys learn about appeals? Well here is some more information for ya!
1: We now have a rebuttal process, if you do not agree with the outcome of your appeal you can rebuttal it. The staff who took your appeal will offer it to you- you don't gotta do anything special Just follow their directions.
2: When you are appealing- pretty please reconsider spamming staffs direct messages or the community discord- this goes back to being patient.
3: When writing an appeal be sure to use appropriate language. What do I mean by this? I mean do not cuss at staff or make inappropriate comments towards them.

If you guys have any other questions or concerns feel free to reply back to my message or contact me on discord, my discord is LiLKayla#4335.

best, kayla

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Howdy again Stormy!

As I've said before it is amazing to see more players, like you, being more active on the forums! It really opens up many more ways for players and staff to communicate with each other and get new information. This tips and tricks thread was done very nicely! I really enjoy how you were able to speak on your personal experience to give players some extra confidence when appealing.

Here are some things you mentioned that I think are SUPER important to note:
1: Be honest on appeals
2: Be patient with appeals
3: Wait 3-4 weeks before appealing again after an appeal has been rejected.
4: Staff want to give you chances! Believe it or not- we don't like punishing players.

So, what else can you guys learn about appeals? Well here is some more information for ya!
1: We now have a rebuttal process, if you do not agree with the outcome of your appeal you can rebuttal it. The staff who took your appeal will offer it to you- you don't gotta do anything special Just follow their directions.
2: When you are appealing- pretty please reconsider spamming staffs direct messages or the community discord- this goes back to being patient.
3: When writing an appeal be sure to use appropriate language. What do I mean by this? I mean do not cuss at staff or make inappropriate comments towards them.

If you guys have any other questions or concerns feel free to reply back to my message or contact me on discord, my discord is LiLKayla#4335.

best, kayla
Thanks for the feedback and support, Kayla!

I don't believe the rebuttal process was something offered when I first started playing, otherwise, I definitely would have used it by now. However, I want to say this is a great opportunity for players to express how they feel about whatever the staff respond with on an appeal. (I'm assuming this feature is only offered in the case an appeal is rejected). I realize that this is a big privilege, and I would like to thank the staff for adding this feature because I personally think it'll be very useful for many in the near future :)

abbie<3

Forum Expert
ELITE
uhhabbie
uhhabbie
ELITE
Ratings
285 11
hi stormy!!

this is such a nice thread! thanks for taking the time to give some tips.

the rebuttal process that kayla mentioned was only started a couple weeks ago, otherwise i’m sure a lot of people would have been using it aha.

i look forward to reading the rest of your blogs <3

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
hi stormy!!

this is such a nice thread! thanks for taking the time to give some tips.

the rebuttal process that kayla mentioned was only started a couple weeks ago, otherwise i’m sure a lot of people would have been using it aha.

i look forward to reading the rest of your blogs <3
thanks abbie!! Ur gonna like the next blog, don't worry :)