Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435
if its a diamond mine, why are there emeralds? anyways look at the new easies and mediums!

Yoshidude47

Yoshidude47
Yoshidude47
Ratings
54 3
Not that much of an original concept, and no central build to tie it all in. The parkour is also very flat and unvaried.

carvhes

Dedicated Member
ELITE
carvhes
carvhes
ELITE
Ratings
78 3
-1, enough said.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Hi, I can give you some suggestions to improve your map. First of all, you should make sure that your theme is original. There are a lot of themes that have been taken, so there is a good chance you might be building an already existing theme. I recommend that before you check out a map you look at this document here to see if the idea is taken.
Parkour List - Google Docs

Now onto the build, your map's build is unfortunately lacking. There first has to be a big major build, which your map doesn't have. The largest thing here is a slab of stone with emerald, which lacks detail and depth and overall is bland. I'd recommend that if you were to make a map like this you should add a larger more established build and add good detail and shape to that build.

As well as this, your parkour is highly repetitive which is not allowed on this server. For example, the map consists of nearly all straight jumps and ladder corner jumps. A good map needs to have lots of variation in a jump's magnitude, curvature, type, etc. Like what people above have said, I recommend checking out newer medium maps to get some inspiration. As well as this, your parkour can't just float above the void. It needs to have some sort of integration with the build, which here is lacking.

I hope you can put this advice for good use.

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Spidereye99,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is somewhat original, there are a few ore/mine themed maps, but none exactly like this. The build isn't great, as it's made up of a few smaller island areas. In the future, try to have one or two larger main builds that are relevant to your theme, then incorporate the parkour into that, as having an excessive number of jumps floating over the void can make your map look a bit messy.
As mentioned above, the parkour is very repetitive. Try to experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items, as well as the way you utilize these, to create more original and enjoyable jumps. This will make your map more fun to play.
The difficulty is good for an easy map, but the length is far too long for a medium map. It is best to keep medium maps around the 40-60 jumps range.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.