Map Questions

WaffleLord47

Ratings
I have a question about one of my map ideas. Yesterday I was doing parkour and saw several pixel art maps. I remember mods saying that pixel art will not get accepted, but the map was climbing around the pixel art, and I was wondering if it would be acceptable for me to make a pixel art machamp map.

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
the maps you saw are old, back when they were added there was no rule against pixel art because there weren't as many maps on the server. to answer your question, no

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
To clarify; you are allowed to have pixel art in your map, as long as it isn't the main focus. Your main build would have to be three-dimensional in order to get accepted. I think a main reason why pixel art isn't allowed is because it is too simple, and can get very repetitive after a while.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
A lot of the maps are from a long time ago, when the criteria were much looser. As the general quality of maps improve and the amount of maps submitted per month grows, the requirements become more specific. As we have about 700 maps now and it's getting harder to come up with an original theme, pixel art just doesn't cut it anymore. If you want to see what good maps should look like now, look at the last page of each difficulty.

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
I have a question about one of my map ideas. Yesterday I was doing parkour and saw several pixel art maps. I remember mods saying that pixel art will not get accepted, but the map was climbing around the pixel art, and I was wondering if it would be acceptable for me to make a pixel art machamp map.
My pixel art map was made and submitted in 2015. ( The Animal Crossing one ). Like others have said, the rules were looser. If you wanted to for example make a mario parkour with a giant pixel piranha plant, You couldn't just have ladders on it and call it a parkour map. Maybe add some bricks for jumps, have some details, etc.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Make sure not to confuse a pixel art map with a flat map, however. The map RTX was recently accepted, and that is relatively flat in a style similar to pixel art. The main reason that pixel art is disallowed (at least, as the maps focus) is due to the fact that most maps featuring these pixel art builds were unoriginal, as well as the fact that the nature of a pixel art means that, while parkouring, you can't see much of anything at all, it's just a flat wall next to you.